Regulator bag too small? Do you use one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underachiever

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got one of the Mares round regulator bags. I have tried putting my reg setup, 1st stage, 2nd stage, oct., hoses and computer in it and it seems a little cramped. Afraid the hoses are a little kinked. Am I missing something here or is it OK to cram everything in there? Or should eveyting be dissasembled. I am thinking about getting a quick disconnect for the computer. That should help a little. Or do I just need to get a bigger bag.

I have a regulator bag, not sure of the brand. But I too felt that everything seemed kind of cramped and kinked up in there. Even with my computer disconnected from the whole set up.

Never used it again since the first time I took it back out the bag.

I won a very nice OMS reg bag, which is very large, that I use all the time. I also have a Zeagle reg bag, that is much smaller, but still fits my reg. I like the extra protection when traveling, even if it's just in my car on the drive to the dive site. YMMV.

I have the Scubapro bags. I start with the first stage in the corner and wrap and coil the hoses into the bags. I think it helps to keep things from bouncing around, although you do want to avoid tight bends.

I have 2 bags and manage to fit 5 or 6 regs into them.

If you look at the box that most manufacturers ship the regulators in, they coil the hoses a lot tighter than we ever would in a regulator bag.

Your reg might seem tight in there, but trust me that "coiling" is 2 or 3 times larger than what they do in the cardboard box.

mike_s:
If you look at the box that most manufacturers ship the regulators in, they coil the hoses a lot tighter than we ever would in a regulator bag.

Your reg might seem tight in there, but trust me that "coiling" is 2 or 3 times larger than what they do in the cardboard box.
That's a good point..

The box from my reg is 10x8x4".
The mfr. supplied bag that came with it is 15x13x3".

Although I rarely use it, I have had two complete regs in it once. With just one, I fit my mask(in it's plastic box) and computer in the middle also by coiling the hoses around the outside edges. So all my toys are protected. :)

I don't realistically think Mares would sell a reg bag that was too small for it's regulator either.

sjspeck:
That's a good point..

The box from my reg is 10x8x4".
The mfr. supplied bag that came with it is 15x13x3".

Although I rarely use it, I have had two complete regs in it once. With just one, I fit my mask(in it's plastic box) and computer in the middle also by coiling the hoses around the outside edges. So all my toys are protected. :)

I don't realistically think Mares would sell a reg bag that was too small for it's regulator either.

I didn't think Mares would quit making parts for it's regulators either... (but they did) **whoops, wrong thread huh? ** (sarcasm implied)

We are using those insulated thermal bags from Target as someone here suggested and they work really well as you can get them somewhat larger. Better color selection too! Cheap!

Back
Top Bottom