Tim...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calscubagirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey Tim...

I saw a post of yours some where (can't find it now) that the owners of the property at Honolua Bay are letting divers drive down and park near the ramp. Are they still doing that? They were working on clean up when I was there in June. How are they doing down there?

yup - they are trying to build on the property, at the moment they have large tents set up they are living in. Since they can now monitor the situation they decided to let people park again. They also added a couple of "port-a-johns" which is nice. Cost is $3 to park, well worth it imo. Plus someone is watching your car, expecially nice since there are so many breakins around there.

Aloha, Tim

P.S. So you coming back soon?

That's great!! And yes, worth it for $3.00 to park and someone to watch the car.

Yep! I'll be back on Nov. 12th. You know me...I can't stay away long, lol.
We'll have to try and hook up while I'm there.

Honolua is definitly on my list. I would like to do a night dive at Black Rock. It's so dang crowded there during the day. I don't feel like carrying a snorkeler piggy back when I get out of the water.

I'm going to the Big Island first on Nov. 8th. Going to do the manta ray night dive on the 9th and then going to see my good friends the Doobie Brothers play at the Hilton Waikoloa on the 10th. Going to Maui on the 11th. Going to Maui Music Festival at the MACC on the 12th that Willie Nelson and the Doobie Bros. have contributed to for the last 6 years. It benefits Tuition Assistance Program of the Montessori School of Maui.

Breath Lori breath!

I have a couple of boat trips schedule with Prodiver Maui. Can't wait to see those guys. They always show me a great time.

I'm bring a friend of mine that just recently got certified. As soon as I start feeling better, we're going to take her out on our boat and get her diving before we get to Hawaii. Let me tell ya, this chick is an awesome athlete. She's on the US Olympic Swim Team and just got her big break in the movie The Guardian as an actress. She was trying to break into stunts but, I have a feeling better "safer" things might be coming her way.

Can't wait to see you Tim. I only wish I could come see Lisa and Roger too.

Wish I was coming earlier too, for the Maui monthly. One of these days...

sorry you'll miss the monthly dive - we just rescheduled it for the 11th :(

But glad you get to come - maybe one of these days your husband can join ya' so I can meet him too :)

Aloha, Tim

If there's room for another, I'd love to tag along! I have yet to dive either Honolua nor Black Rock. :(

Missing you too Lori...who knows, I might win the $2,000,000 radio contest and everything would fall into place :)

hey Kris, What are ya' doing tomorrow afternoon? If conditions permit I'd have time to do either blackrock or Honolua ... or ... Honolua in the afternoon and Blackrock as a night dive after church?

P.S. Leesa and Lori - you're both invited too of course :wink:

kidspot:
hey Kris, What are ya' doing tomorrow afternoon? If conditions permit I'd have time to do either blackrock or Honolua ... or ... Honolua in the afternoon and Blackrock as a night dive after church?
I don't think I have anything happening tomorrow... I might be diving with Rachel in the morning sometime, I don't know yet.

What time(s) are you thinking?

I'd have to hit the water by 1pm - and be back by 4pm for youth choir practice...

For a night dive probably hit the water about 8:30...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom