Aeris Atmos 2 Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sasquatch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This was the third dive on this computer. It performed as advertised throughout the dive. I soaked it, dried it and hooked it to the PC. Went to SET 1 and punched it up to PC mode. Opened the program initiated download, got "Found USB", got "Handshake" got "Time Out". Tried twice and looked at DC and backlight is on. It's been on for about thirty minutes now, no data just a nice blueish glow.

Any help would be appreciated. I mean really appreciated. Otherwise I guess I'll wait for Aeris to open in the morning.

Just a little comment on the Aeris website under SUPPORT. You might want to consider a FAQ page or a small diagnostic troubleshoot that a customer could access say, maybe, when you're closed. Maybe it was there and I didn't see it. I'm moving pretty fast trying to solve this somehow.
:confused:

OK

Pulled the battery. First time I've done it and was extremely careful since you have to be! Pulled the batt long enough to break the connection and set it back in. It went full diagnostic, light went out and I was able to retrieve my dive information though it referred to this dive as DC dive #1 so I have two of those in the log. No big deal.

Now I'm wondering if I should send the damn thing back for service, upgrade to something that works or if someone knows this is a normal, fixable glitch. I'm diving it tomorrow morning so let's see.

PS I placed this in Aeris forum rather than Computers, Gauges etc so that the specific glitch can be addressed and the suggestion of the troubleshoot FAQ would be read by our friends at Aeris that monitor this forum.

Dear Diary:

It's been two dives since my last entry and the computer seems to be functioning well within established parameters. My theory is that it was temporarily possessed by a demon and/or demons as a result of diving through that inter-dimensional riff I discovered off shore. That would also explain the dinosaurs.

Until next time...

Dave

If the connector is still wet from your rinsing when you bring it in for the download it will hang up.

Pete

Thanks, Pete! I hope that's the problem.

I still wish there was a helpful little troubleshooting page on the Aeris website.

Sea ya!

Sorry you didn't get a reply and I will pass your suggestion along, it is a good one.

Hi Sasquatch,
we do have a troubleshooting page at http://diveaeris.com/service_software_faq.html
It could be a little easier to find from the home page. After clicking on customer support click on software. There you can find any software updates and the link to the software faqs/troubleshoot page. More than likely it was debris or water. For those of you with older units out there (with some corrosion) you can try cleaning the contacts with white vinegar and a Q-tip...if you run into the same issue. Also check the spring loaded contacts on the cable to make sure they are not damaged.

One guy had dirty contacts on the USB conector on his desktop from lack of use of that paticular port. He had the same issue message popping up. When he blew the dust out of the port it worked fine. If you have any further problems please call 1-800-435-3483 ext. 228

I know how you feel I am always working on things in my own time not regular business hours. I too like answers now when I need them...not at 8 in the morning, lol.

Thanks, Sting J and cerich, too.

It was probably water/debris but I never found any advice on the website that clears the DC from glowing with no data displayed...forever. I pulled the batt and that seemed to fix the problem. Subsequent underwater adventures have yielded no problems with this unit.

Stay warm!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom