Atmos 2 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomek_nyc

Reaction score
My Aeris Atmos 2 is doing some weird thing (after 2 years of working just fine.) After a dive, it sometimes fails to detect I'm on the surface and shows depth 4 or 5 feet for the whole interval between the dives. After the second dive it keeps showing the same thing... When I check the log, it shows me something stupid like 4 hour dive at 95 ft depth. Sometimes it interrupts the surface interval and goes to the 4 or 5 ft depth while still on the boat. Does it seem like something you've seen before?

Check the battery. If you haven't changed it yet you are most likely due.

If that fails then it must require some TLC at a shop

I, too, had this happen just over a year after getting my Atmos2.

It went back to Aeris, and was "unrepairable". They offered me a rebuilt computer with the latest firmware for about $110. I took the deal, and been happy with the rebuilt one...it's been flawless.

All the best, James

Definetly something weird going on. First off I am surprised that we charged fdog. If unit was only 1 year old we should have and normally would have covered under warranty unless unit was purchased from a non-warrantied AERIS retailer.

Regarding Tomek's unit. Take that thing into your local AERIS retailer. If the computer is just over 2 years more than likely we would be happy to take care of that as a warrantied deal. if it was purchased by a AERIS retailer. If there is no AERIS retailer in your area give Ron, Mark or Rick a call at AERIS customer service at 1800 435-3483 ext.226.

Give me a pm if I can help out.

Regards,
Darryl Bowerman
AERIS/Oceanic Regional Manager

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom