Fitness, Health, and Nutrition Resources

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ehuber

Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody who knows the ins-and-outs of research, or has lots of experience on the web, will tell you to scrutinize any information carefully and consider the source. While I have found lots of good diving information at this site and at other forums similar to this one, you need to be extremely careful when you internalize information regarding your fitness and health.

I recommend checking the eduation background of anyone giving you this type of information or attempting to sell you resources. Although you will probably find good info, the stakes are simply too high to make assumptions about your health. And if you have any special needs or limitations, please refer it all to your physician, physical therapist, or personal trainer before utilizing any fitness methodology.

I would include this statement as well... you may take it for what it's worth, but save the flames, I have nothing to sell.

Jessica Adams wrote a book "Fit for Scuba" and she appears to have excellent credentials. As a graduate in Exercise Science I'd urge you to check it out:

She is a scuba instructor, former DAN intern, professor at Kean Univ in NJ working on doctoral dissertation in Exercise Physiology, got her MS in Exercise Science at Virginia Commonwealth Univ, BS in Health and Physical Education at Virginia Tech, and National Council on Strength and Fitness trainer instructor.

Back
Top Bottom