good price for nikonos V?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jigo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i have been offered this set for the equivalent of US$500.00. is it a good price?
can the tray and strobe be used for my PnS Olympus?

NIKONOS V camera
includes:
-Nikkor 35mm F2.5 lens
-Ikelite Substrobe 50
-Ikelite Mini-C diving light
-Ikelite handle and mount
-pelican case

nikonos.gif

Do remember that there is limited use for 35mm lens underwater! You will have to buy either 20mm or 15mm lens with the viewfinder or macro extension.

Thanks for the response guys. it seems i can get them separately from e-bay and shell out a total of about $250-300 for this set up. but of course ebay prices can still go up.

Actually, I think $500 is a pretty good price provided the equipment is in good shape. I think good condition Nikonos get $250 for the body and lens alone on eBay. The strobe would probably go for at least $100. With the case and other stuff, I think you are in the $500 range.

is it still worth the effort using a film camera vs a digital camera? am beginning to think that i am interested in a nikonos just because i've always wanted one when i was a kid.

jigo:
is it still worth the effort using a film camera vs a digital camera? am beginning to think that i am interested in a nikonos just because i've always wanted one when i was a kid.

That is a bit tricky question. I've only shot some shots on disposable point&shoot film camera (underwater) while snorkeling. On the other hand when I bought my first digital camera my learning curve in photography leaped. It's alot easier to check your results right after taking the photo and see what went wrong than in a week or so when you get your film processed. IMO don't go the film way anymore. There are good used digital cameras with housings out there. You'll learn so much quicker as you get the results right away and you don't need to pay for that expensive film processing anymore just to see the results but you can choose which ones you like to get a copy of. Hope I made any sense :)

Back
Top Bottom