First attempts with the E330

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calypsonick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Wow, this DSLR thing is challenging!! I took my E330 with the stock 14-45mm lens in a dome port down yesterday without the +4 diopter to understand the limitations. It was challenging as it would only focus at more than 18" from the subject with the lens zoomed all the way out. Next time the +4 diopter is going too !!! ;-)

255532949_e7298b3ed8.jpg

255532396_633b1ec420.jpg

255531824_8a20c62e0c.jpg

255282941_308bc69126.jpg

Well those certainly are pretty shots, whatever limits you had.
i like 'em!
Thanks for sharing :)
Rick

Nick, as I explore moving to DSLR, this one is high on my list. Could you share with us your journey? What are you coming from? Which housing are you using? General impressions beyond those gorgeous shots?

Nick, I really like the last one. The light on the red coral stands out beautifully and the interplay of the rippling surface above makes the whole composition move beautifully. Great shot.

Those are really spectacular shots! Are you using the Olympus housing for it (I dont know if there is another one made by someone else)? The E330 looks very interesting indeed. Can you eloborate a little on your overall experience with it (not just underwater)? Also, how is the ISO performance? I know Oly DSLR's aren't among the best for high ISO use but Im curios as to how this beast handles? Keep shooting with it I agree any of those pics can be on the cover of a dive magazine, they are great!

Back
Top Bottom