spring strap and hp hose question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubalifer

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have two questions;

1. Has anyone used the spring straps that LP sells for the twin jets. I am looking at the ones with the male part of the buckle and a puller. They come in small medium large and xl. I dont know what those sizes mean off hand. There is no reference. I just want to know if they are ok straps.

2. I need an hp hose for my Cobra. Now I have replaced hoses on other items, regs, dry suit etc. But not this one. Could someone kindly direct me to the exact hose I need I dont want to purchase the wrong one. I dont have a dive shop close by.

1 you are better off with the spring straps that are made for the twin jets just click on the accesories when viewing the twin jets the ones with the tabs are prone to ripping or the tabs breaking the proper ones for the jets will last forever.

2 the cobra uses a standard hp hose even if it has the quick connect feacher just decide on the length you want remove the 4 screws in the back of the console and you can easily replace.

I would never buy from leisure pro. Try here:

http://www.divesports.com/mall/innovative_acc_springstrapstwinjetfins.asp

divespoprts has the same stuff, including your straps, and at very close to the same price, and they are VERY NICE people. I bought a pair of the exact straps you are speaking of for the exact fins you speak of. AND, I was in the same boat as you as far as the size. Plus I went from a medium to a large size fin due to new, heavier boots. I used the sizing guide on divesports.com website and still ordered the wrong size.

They said to keep them and they would send me another pair, actually whatever sizes I wanted, and then try them out, pick the best one and send back the rest....no problems. I ended up with a pair that I loved and here is how the story ends. They are great for week end diving where you may do a couple of dives on a weekend. However, on a week long trip where I am diving 4 times a day in Cozumel, after the 3rd or 4th day, they started digging into my achilles and I switched back to the originals. I mean, they are comfortable and easy to get of in the water....just squeeze the fastex buckle and you're out, right? If you are tired, sometimes it is hard to get the springs off of your heel. Anyway, I use my originals, and keep the springs in my kit for a spare. Good luck!

I'll second divesports.com :)

This one is better...http://www.divesports.com/mall/innovative_acc_springstrapsjetfins.asp

I personally prefer this even more...http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/MNTF...l&AdvSrchSortField=Relevance&SortDesc=0&Hit=1 as I don't personally feel the rubber piece helps when the spring is correctly sized.

EDIT ADDED: This one takes care of almost every type of fin...http://www.divesports.com/mall/xsscuba_acc_springstraps.asp and had good sizing on the web page too.

That said, buy them from who you want. I have had great experiences with both Dive Sports and LP. I hate it when people say things like, "I would never buy from_____." Comments like this border on slander and never add anything positive to the converstaion here.

As for sizing, this could be an issue. Size refers to the length of the spring and the length required depends on your foot size and the booty you use and of course these things can change over time as well, say if you one day decide to get a much thicker booty than you currently use.

I find spring straps to be very comfy and easier to use. Now if the spring is digging into a heel, then they may not be sized correctly. Again, back to the whole booty and foot size thing I said before. Good luck. As others have said, you may find yourself in the position of having to try a few of the sizes with your gear first so be prepared for possible extra shipping.

From the Dive sports XS scuba link above describing fit and spring straps..."IMPORTANT NOTE: The more stretch you have in your spring straps, the tighter the strap will be on your foot. Some people find that too much tension or stretch makes the strap uncomfortable. If you typically like your fin strap either unusually tight or loose, factor that into your size selection. Our Fin/Boot Measurement Range numbers are purely for your reference. In the end, YOU are responsible for determining the proper fin strap length for your diving."

Back
Top Bottom