Aeris AI computer concern

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZEB4274

New
Reaction score
After owning an Aeris Atmos 2 computer for several years I recently purchased an Aeris AI QD Navcon computer. I am concerned that when you disconnect the computer from the pressure hose these small orifices may become obstructed, especially on the computer orifice.
Does Aeris make a plug(s) that would simulate that the computer is connected, and thus eliminating the posibility these orifices would become clogged?
New in the box the regulator end of the pressure hose was capped. The use may be two fold protecting the threads and preventing any debris from entering the hose. However. the end user apparently must use a makeshift means to prevent a similar problem.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Wow, I've had my Aeris AI for almost 3 years and never even thought of this! Also haven't ever had a problem with either end becoming clogged or obstructed in any way.

Any one else?

I just got my AI as well, and after using it and disconnecting it, felt that I should have been capping off both the HP hose, and the computer itself. In fact, if you see my question posted in this forum it asks about cleaning the unit when disconnected.

Makes me nervous to leave these thing open. If caps arent available, Ill make my own at some point, unless there is a reason not to.

2 years with mine and i wasn't exactly nice to either end... no problems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom