ScubaPro online sales question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Just a quick question about Scubapro.I have been told that you are not able to purchase their products online and if you do, they will not honor the warranty. So imagine my surprise when I see a Knighthawk for sale at Leisure Pro (online) for substantially lower prices than available at my local dealer. What gives and what's the catch. Thanks in advance...

LeisurePro carries their own warranty on a bunch of items. Call them and ask.

I have bought numerous items there with no problems. Use the search button and you can read all about LeisurePro.

buy it online and pay for the parts for the life of the unit, buy it at a lds and get parts free for the life of the unit, as long as you get it serviced every year. simple. do the math, then decide.

With a regulator, it may well be wise to pay more up front to an authorized dealer IF you are going to service it annually to maintain the parts for life agreement. With a BCD, where parts usage is generally nil, I suspect it would be smarter to take advantage of significant online savings. But very few folks who work for or with a typical LDS would ever tell you that.

It is a brand new SCUBAPRO BC. You decide how much the "warranty" is worth.

North of You:
Just a quick question about Scubapro.I have been told that you are not able to purchase their products online and if you do, they will not honor the warranty. So imagine my surprise when I see a Knighthawk for sale at Leisure Pro (online) for substantially lower prices than available at my local dealer. What gives and what's the catch. Thanks in advance...
It's a grey market item. Totally legit ScubaPro hardware, but ScubaPro will not give you warranty coverage on it, because LP is NOT an authorized dealer. LeisurePro offers their own warranty instead. Your call. I believe in supporting the LDS, however, as LeisurePro cannot fill my tanks over the internet. (Among many other reasons...)

The warranty for SP BC is only two years. Their lifetime warranty for BC is only limited on the seam. But, SP is making very solid BC, so you might not need any warranty service that much. For BC, I don't mind getting the BC from LP with their own warranty.

I love the economics:

Assume new BC at LDS is $500, LP is $400.

Purchase at LP, keep 1 year, sell for $200. Purchase new BC for same price. Total cost to have 2 new BCs in 2 years time, $600. So for $100 over MSRP, I've turned my warranty/no warranty dilemna into a brand new BC instead.

PerroneFord:
Purchase at LP, keep 1 year, sell for $200. Purchase new BC for same price. Total cost to have 2 new BCs in 2 years time, $600. So for $100 over MSRP, I've turned my warranty/no warranty dilemna into a brand new BC instead.

Holy "back-rationalization" Batman!

Sort of like my wife coming home from the mall, pointing to all the shopping bags, and saying "Look at all the money I saved!"

She's saves any more money and we're gonna have to sell the house!

RJP:
Holy "back-rationalization" Batman!

Sort of like my wife coming home from the mall, pointing to all the shopping bags, and saying "Look at all the money I saved!"

She's saves any more money and we're gonna have to sell the house!

Dont knock it! I saved enough one weekend for a new wreck reel and lift bag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom