Sand Bar....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calscubagirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone on here ever go over to the "sand bar" in Kaneohe? It's not a dive site but, it's a big party spot. There must have been at least 50+ boats of all sizes the day I was out there in 3 feet of water. I can't imagine what Labor Day looks like out there, although I've heard stories.:eyebrow:

Sometimes a friend of ours who has an Aqua Glider lands there and takes people for rides. He'll even let ya drive it...as long as your not drunk, lol.

One thing was pointed out to me on our way back into the marina. There was an island I grew up watching on TV when I was a kid which was Gilligan's Island.

Yes, Sand bar is a hang out that looks a bit like the pics I posted of the July 4th in Waikiki. We plan to motor over there before we try our interisland adventure as our "remedial voyage" Still sort of a long way from Hawaii Kai.

"kalapapa" or something like that is a bird santuary for Boobies. We took jet skis out there once.

I used to go there when I lived in Kahalu'u. My cousin had a Hobie Cat and we'd go out there and drink beer. There were lots of people there back in the 70s and 80s.

I've got some friends that go, I prefer to drink on dry land though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom