Driving up to Tantalus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
We had the day off today and were kicked out of our place due to maintenace. So we took the opportunity to drive up to Tantalus.

If anyone is here right now and has the time, you have to take the time to drive up. Almost the entire ride up we treated to the sweet smell of Yellow ginger.

You don't want to miss it!

If you drive up to Punchbowl (military cemetary) and take the 7 mile drive along the "mountain ridge" you will reach the Tantalus Outlook giving you the view of Diamond head, Waikiki, Honolulu, Punchbowl all the way to Pearl Harbor...just beautiful on a clear day.

My place in Ahualoa on the big Isle had lots of yellow ginger around it. Love that smell! I miss that house, except for when I had the roof torn off by a suspected tornado. Of course I had guests at the time. Snow level on Mauna Kea came down to 8000 feet, the clouds parted for just a minute and I got a pic. Wild winter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom