Aeris Atmos 2 and a software question??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Horn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Recent dive, (yesterday)

Turned on the Atmos 2 and it went through all normal checks then the battery check. At this point it kept flashing the low battery. I could not believe this as this was only the second set of dives on a fresh battery. I scrolled through a few past logs and then allowed the computer to reset. It reset back to the start screen and the battery was showing normal. Two shallow dives later computer worked fine....is my computer stalling at the battery test?

Question two:

How do you create a second tank in the Aeris 2.1.0 software. Tank 1 is there but when I click it to add another tank for the dive it does nothing. I thought perhaps it was linked to the gearbag whereby you could enter your tanks, sizes, working pressure etc and then not have to do this anymore, alas....the gearbag does not function at this time. run time error.

Thanks

my aeris Ai did that battery thing every time... nothing to worry about just let it sit for 2 mins

My computer does/did it infrequently so I posed the question. Still wondering on the "tank" question for the software program. How do you enter another tank?

Tanks,

Second tank for the dive? Do you mean doubles?

Second tank for the dive? Do you mean doubles?

Perhaps, or a stage bottle. Basically my buddy and I were booting about a quarry and did some out of air etc parctice and we breathed down our pony bottles on the dive. Basically we dove an 80 and a 30 so according to the program I should be able to add a second tank.
I suppose I could just start with 110 cuft at 3000 psi and go from there but it says you can add the second tank. How is the question?:confused:

Do you have an assortment of cylinders entered into your gear profile?

I added a few to mine just now and I'm not getting cylinder options on my stored dives however the download of a new dive may be what is required to poll the gear bag.

That's my best hunch

Pete

Gear bag is NFG, been that way since first install and all unistall re-install, download again, unistall re-install etc. Some glitch in all the data I entered I guess but I really do not wish to spend another 4 to 5 hours inputing data. Right now I only put in the bare minimum and hope they get a patch together to solve a few of the problems.

You shouldn't really need to have the stuff in the gear bag, just click tank and get tank 2, 3 etc. perhaps you rent and they are not in your inventory?

I've tried just about everything and even sent in a copy of my log to try and fix the gear bag issue but to no resolve. I guess I'll sit and wait for a few more dives....

I'd be a little concerned over the low battery indicator.
Mine starting doing this and I replaced the battery and it
cleared it up.

I believe that what is happening is that the low battery
dector is based on voltage and during the powerup selftest
the computer beeps and flashes the LED. I'm guessing that
the current load of the LED causes the battery voltage to droop
just low enough to trigger the low battery circuitry for a short
amount of time.

My concern woutl be that during a dive that if something
unexpected happened and alarms started going off that the
battery might run down at a very undesireable time.

Not sure about the Atmos 2 but the batteries on the AI are
only a couple of bucks and can be replaced in less than a
minute. Worth the piece of mind IMHO.

--- bill

I'd be a little concerned over the low battery indicator.
Mine starting doing this and I replaced the battery and it
cleared it up.

I've done this three times already (replaced the battery when the low indicator flashed) and it cleared for a while and then came back a few dives later. Like I said earlier if you change screens and come back to the initial screen the indicator is a-ok:confused:

Ahhh version roulette.......

Looking at my dive screen there is nothing clickable about my tank frame.

I have version 2.0.3 from March 2006. On the Aeris site I see that 2.1.0 is now available. I see that was mentioned in the OP. Looks like there is a moderate upgrade that was made. I need to check that out

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom