VT3 and Oceanlog 2.x

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarcinK

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I bought a VT3 two weeks ago, and after few dives when I downloaded the data to PC I noticed something - the start and end pressure looks ok on the dive tab. However when I check dive details, the Air Pressure Reading drops to 0psi after some time. I have a SPG as a backup for now, and I check the gauge every few minutes, and compare with the computer - the readings are similar (lets say after 10 minutes it shows 2200 psi). The Dive detail shows ie 1400 psi after 10 minutes. Am I missing something??
I don't know if the computer logs like this, or the data changes during download - the firmware is 1d

Anybody could confirm/explain please?
Thanks,

Marcin

PS. I checked the lates version of Oceanlog and it does the same thing

I went and check my dives that I had dumped into Oceanlog 2.x from my VT3, I don't see any evidence of my Air Pressure Readings dropping to 0psi. I am assuming you saw this when you looked at the Dive Details, right?

Mine did something similar on my first dive only. The start and end pressure logged looked correct, but about halfway through the dive, the tank pressure dropped steadily to zero in the 'dive details' in Oceanlog, when in fact the end pressure was over 1000 psi. The computer firmware version is 1A.
For subsequent dives, the Oceanlog dive detail tank pressure seems to log correctly.

The link was lost few times during the dive, for few seconds, and then it came back - no problems. Also it reports correctly during the dive (compared with SPG).

And unfortunately it does it on every dive...

Thanks for the replies

Marcin

Hi MarcinK,

Please forward the .mdb file from the OceanLog directory to my email address below. I'll ask our developers to take a look to see if they can identify the problem.

MarcinK:
Hello,
I bought a VT3 two weeks ago, and after few dives when I downloaded the data to PC I noticed something - the start and end pressure looks ok on the dive tab. However when I check dive details, the Air Pressure Reading drops to 0psi after some time. I have a SPG as a backup for now, and I check the gauge every few minutes, and compare with the computer - the readings are similar (lets say after 10 minutes it shows 2200 psi). The Dive detail shows ie 1400 psi after 10 minutes. Am I missing something??
I don't know if the computer logs like this, or the data changes during download - the firmware is 1d

Anybody could confirm/explain please?
Thanks,

Marcin

PS. I checked the lates version of Oceanlog and it does the same thing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom