monterey site suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markb018

Registered
Reaction score
so as the date comes closer. ill be in monterey 16 and 17 of oct. i was wandering if anyone could provide suggestions for some spots. i looked all through http://www.garlic.com/~triblet/swell/CDNDiveSites.html and there are tons of spots. would hate to get to one of these sites and be a bust. me and my friend are definately going to pt lobos. so any other suggestions would be great. we will probably be staying at big sur so pretty much anywhere near monterey as far as dive spots

i appreciate it
Mark

all my dives have been in cold northern california water and id say 20 out of 30 in kelp. i would love to goto mono lobo wall it looks pretty amazing but is it really on reachable by boat or just super long swim

mono lobo is a great beginning spot for kayak diving. Can get there from whaler's cove (w/reservation) or south monastery. Swimming you could maybe do part of the eastern tip if you go to south monastery and go out a ways before dropping.

You *could* do mono-lobo wall as a shore dive, but it'd be a heckuva kick (no pun intended). If you're staying in big sur, why not try some of those sites? Waterfall Beach, Moby Ling Cove, Soberanes Point. Just be prepared to hike down and up. Moby Ling Cove has that easy entrance where you just step off the rock and go diving. Plus the vis is generally better as you go further south.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom