Recommendations Wanted: Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am a scuba diver.. moving to do some free diving as well..

I am looking for a thin (2mm or less) free diving suit that will have a lot of range of motion and be sturdy... I would also like something reasonably affordable.. but I know for the most part, you get what you pay for. I dive in mostly 70degree F or warmer waters.. using a 3/2mm shorty.. and a 5/4 w/ 7/3 hooded vest if it gets much colder..

So far I have looked online at the Beuchat Mondial Reversible 1.5mm or Riffe 1.5 mm hooded long sleeve top and pants.. From what I can find online, the first would set me back about 170 shipped.. the second... a bit over 200..

Thank you for your time and opinions,

Scott

What can I say... take a look at a tailor made eliossub suit... about the same $$ you're talking and excellent quality. (I've got 4 of 'em of different thicknesses, grades, and styles). They can do all sorts of materials... open cell, closed cell, nylon, superstretch, matalic lined, etc. etc... but the prices vary. Their basic neoprene with a nylon outer or both nylon outer and inner or no lining at all will be around or slightly less than $200. AND that's CUSTOM made!

Back
Top Bottom