Inon UWL-100 in the US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tamorgen

Reaction score
Hello all,
Can anyone recommend a good, reliable source for the Inon UWL-100 (Type II) in the US. It's pretty hard to come across on a google search. Teh one place I came up with, divervision.com, turns out to be based out of Taiwan. They claim they could have it to me in time, but I don't want to take chances. Also, would anyone recommend anything else to attach to a Ikelite housing that would be comperable?

Contact Reef Photo in Ft. Lauderdale. The web site is www.reefphoto.com. I know they carry Inon lens, so they should have it.

Also, another source is http://www.nexusamerica.com/ . They are in Dallas and I know they are also dealers for Inon.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Jinjer,
I see they do have it at Reef photo, full retail price unfortunately :)
I checked out nexus and they don't seem to list Inon products, but that doesn't mean they don't. I'll give them a call in a while, after they open.

Good luck with your search. I am using the Inon UWL-105 AD wide angle lens, and I really like it. I got mine lens in Grand Cayman from Cathy Church.

Unfortunately I am not sure you are going to find very competitive pricing on the Inon lens because there aren't many people that carry them in the states.

Yeah, I'm noticing that. I'm going to Cozumel next weekend, so I'm hoping to get my hands on one before then. We'll see if that happens...

Probably your best bet is going to be to order it from Reef Photo. We are actually headed to Florida in the morning, and are going to visit Reef Photo next week to pick up a couple of items. We have talked to them on the phone several times, and they are very knowledgable and helpful.

I am not sure what they carry in stock at Nexus America. I know they are definitely an Inon dealer. I talked to Woody the other day about the Inon strobes. If he doesn't have the lens in stock, I am sure he can get it for you.

Let me know what you find. How long are you in Cozumel? We are headed down on the 20th for a short trip (we are there until the 23rd).

I probably will end up ordering it from Reef, unless I see something cheaper soon. I'll be in down Cozumel from 14th - 21st. I'm pretty pshyced. I haven't been there in four years. I'm going to be interested to see how it's recovered from Wilma last year. Some of the people I am going with were stuck there last year because of the hurricane.

Inon Products are fair-traded in America. If they discount, they can loose their dealership.

Jack

They also have a very small margin, so not much room to discount, or reason to carry them.

Brent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom