UWATEC SmartCom Attachments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sus9nr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My boyfriend just bought all new equipement. The computer is a Uwatec SmartCom and we were trying to figure out how to attach a clippy thing to it to keep it out of the way. I am a great believe in no hoses hanging. It doesn;t seem to have a normal attachment point like other computers. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to attach it to a BCD?

Thanks

Susan

The only hole on it is on the back side. So it would hang face down if clipped like that. I have seen people use electrical tie-wraps just below the compass, but this can interfere with the screen guard. To be honset, we stopped trying to sell this computer for that very reason. Nice unit, but how the hell do we attach it Scubapro?

Good luck

sus9nr:
My boyfriend just bought all new equipement. The computer is a Uwatec SmartCom and we were trying to figure out how to attach a clippy thing to it to keep it out of the way. I am a great believe in no hoses hanging. It doesn;t seem to have a normal attachment point like other computers. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to attach it to a BCD?

Thanks

Susan
You use the two holes on the back... either put a split ring through the holes, then attach a retractable clip (if that's what you want) to it, or just put a clip on it then, and clip it to your BCD.

OR - You can take a retractable holder like

ItemLrgPic2A18780.jpg

Then remove the split ring (thing that is like a key ring) from the one end, and thread a zip tie through the hole where the split ring was... then feed this through the 2 holes on the back of the SmartCom. You can make it so that the smart com faces up when you're diving, so all you have to do is glance down to see it.

(If you look at my profile picture, you'll see the smart com - resting on my hands... :wink:)

I use a Trident console holder with a stretch cord on one end. Put the stretch cord through both holes, then pass the other end of the holder through the loop in the stretch cord. They have several styles. I couldn't come up with a good image to paste, but here is the link to the online catalog page. http://www.tridentdive.com/page156.htm
It will hold the console face-up so you can just look down to read it.

Thanks for your help I think we will try the trident. This computer does some really nice things like the profile images of your dive but there are other things that are just annoying. Like always have to have wet fingers to operate it and the attachment issue. Well Iguess we will see how it goes. I was going to get the same computer when I decided to give up my 300G but I may be looking in a different direction.

Susan

I like my smartcom for rec diving. I attached a bit of cave line and a bolt snap to the back to secure it to a D ring on my harness. I sometimes even use it in gauge mode for tech diving as... well.. I am all about downloading data.

I use a retractor like the one howarde mentions, but I use a zip tie through the split ring and attach it to the end of the hose, just above the quick connect. Tighten it enough so it does not slip. Connect the other end of the retractor to the bc.

Works perfectly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom