Oceanic/Scuba Toys Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tsalagi

Reaction score
I'm getting quite frustrated with the way Scuba Toys / Oceanic has handled my computer failure. I posted a couple months ago about my Veo 250 that flooded at 6 weeks/4 dives. Since then I've made a number of calls to Scuba Toys and a call or 2 to Oceanic and the only consistent answer is "Let me look into it and call you back". Only one of those conversations resulted in a callback from a guy at ST with the canned answer "Oceanic still has it, check back next week". It seems there is some finger pointing going on between dealer/mnfr about the delays in getting my equipment repaired/returned.

For the most part I've been very level headed and understanding, but I'm now going on 3 months with no results and honeslty beginning to get quite frustrated.

I have confidence in Oceanic to resolve the problem, but don't feel this board should be the appropriate outlet for getting results or harping on a problem so I'd rather stop here and take it offline. If someone at Oceanic and/or ST could please PM me with details on resolving this issue I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

This post should get the gears turning. Also, PM ScubaToys if you haven't already and include a link to this thread. Larry or Joe will read it.

Our turnaround averages less than three days in the service department.

I will get you an answer Monday, please PM your phone number so we can talk then and figure out what has happened.

Darryl is ST's reps, I'm sure he will also see this and swing into it.

This has taken far too long, it should have been resolved within two weeks at the most.

Best,

Chris

A response directly from the manufacturer in 5 minutes on a Sunday morning... How's that for customer service? :)

In my (limited) experience, Oceanic and ScubaToys seems to be at the top of the list for customer service in this industry. That's why I buy from them. I bet your problem will be solved quickly now.

Jarrett:
A response directly from the manufacturer in 5 minutes on a Sunday morning... How's that for customer service? :)

In my (limited) experience, Oceanic and ScubaToys seems to be at the top of the list for customer service in this industry. That's why I buy from them. I bet your problem will be solved quickly now.

I'm human, I'm just avoiding the "Honey do" list, I was on the road all week so am enjoying home...

Morning Everyone,

Like Chris I just got off three weeks on the road and Chris was kind enough to give me a heads up on this issue. Rather than Chris having to worry about handling this problem, let me look into it. Scuba Toys is one of my Texas accounts and i am frankly surprised with the problems Tsalagi is having getting satisfaction. Normally this kind of issue is handled within a matter of days. Please PM me the details. I have been traveling with Mark Lane, OC Customer Service Manager, and am taking him to the airport in about an hour. He has promised to look into this first thing Monday morning. Tsalagi, my aplogies for the length of time it has taken for us to provide a resolution. We will get this corrected. Chris, So that's how to avoid the Honey do list huh? Good one.

Regards,
Darryl Bowerman
Oceanic/AERIS Regional Manager

Thanks Darryl, now I need to clean the garage.....

Looks like the problem is being taken care of, but I wanted to let you know what my experiences have been. The first computer I sent back took a little over 2 months to get back from another company, but they did replace it at no charge after they were able to check it out.

My latest computer just got sent in to a different manufacturer for service. I worked in a store for a long time and I know the company I just sent it to got backed up to almost 2 months turn around on computers, including shipping both ways and our processing/packaging time it got to be a long wait, and they are one of the biggest manufacturers around. Unfortunately every time the customer calls and I checked on the status of their computer there was seldom anything to report other than it's at the manufacturer and we will get it asap.

What I've learned, you have to have a backup computer, a good dive buddy with a spare computer, or a good relationship with the lds so you can borrow a rental when needed.

strider:
Looks like the problem is being taken care of, but I wanted to let you know what my experiences have been. The first computer I sent back took a little over 2 months to get back from another company, but they did replace it at no charge after they were able to check it out.

My latest computer just got sent in to a different manufacturer for service. I worked in a store for a long time and I know the company I just sent it to got backed up to almost 2 months turn around on computers, including shipping both ways and our processing/packaging time it got to be a long wait, and they are one of the biggest manufacturers around. Unfortunately every time the customer calls and I checked on the status of their computer there was seldom anything to report other than it's at the manufacturer and we will get it asap.

What I've learned, you have to have a backup computer, a good dive buddy with a spare computer, or a good relationship with the lds so you can borrow a rental when needed.

WE managed to keep the turnaround on the Versa Pro recall at less than 5 days. Unless something major happens we will turnaround much quicker than that on regular service items.

Frankly it doesn't much matter to us how quickly our competitors manage stuff like this, we are going to do it in the fashion we would expect if we were the end user. We will not subscribe to a "industry standard" level of customer service nor are we striving for even "industry leader" in customer service, our goal is simply fantastic customer service that is beyond what the consumer/dealers expect and what they receive anywhere else, in or out of the dive industry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom