Deco (or Stage) bottle rigging.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
This is in response to a PM from Trimixdiver.

This may or may not be the way to do it. If anyone else has a picture or description to add please feel free.

The upper bolt snap is simply captured in the knot the forms the loop around the valve. The doubled cord is threaded through tubing and then under the hose clamp at the bottom. The cord is then knotted again so that it cannot pull back up under the hose clamp and finally knotted again at the bottom... the last knot is passed under the hose clamp and then the clamp is tightened.

So what I have is three knots. 1 holding the bolt snap at the top. 2 keeping the bottom loop from pulling up and 3 keeping the bottom loop from pulling down.

more deco bottle attachment ideas

Thats the second time I have seen that twit, where did the pics come from?
Is he still alive??
End my inquisitive streak PLEASE!!

care to elaberate on why he is a twit

AquaTec once bubbled...
care to elaberate on why he is a twit
Let me put on my DIR hat and try ...
(1) Bungeed wings of death
(2) Boots still on tanks
(3) AL back gas and steel stages
(4) Ankle weights (or are those those sissy training wheel gaiters?)
(5) Breathing the short hose
(6) Stages aren't all stacked on the left
(7) Rubber fin straps and (gasp!) yellow fins
Not being DIR myself, that's all I can see right off the bat... I'm sure there's more.
----------------------------
I personally have no objection to any of those, by the way, should anyone else want to rig that way. (I wouldn't rig that way myself, but that's no reflection on someone else's decisions)
Rick

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
Jeeze Rick, you really went to town!!!!

I was thinking more along the lines of the height of the Giant Stride entry..........:D
I told ye there wuz more!
Rick :)

what about his flagrant disreguard for color coordination :)

:)

just so you know what i was looking for in asking Pug to post a pic. I wanted a close up of the 1/4 line as it goes under the hose clamp. i was looking to see exaclty how ppl are doing it. My way is very similar, but i felt it could be improved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom