10-8 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I know my PT-010's won't last forever but I sure am trying.
Today one of the two plastic forks on the zoom control broke and was hanging by a thread inside the housing. My camera was stuck at its widest angle for most of the dive.
It made me realize how much I use my zoom and I sure missed it.
Hopefully some super glue coupled with a section of a toothpick for reinforcement will make the fork like new and I can keep on clicking.

Stout Moray
1.jpg

Redbanded Hawkfish
2.jpg

Milletseed Butterfly's checking out items on my anchor line
3.jpg

ariadne76:
Gorgeous pictures, Gilligan, as always! I can't wait to dive in Maui (only 3 more weeks to go!!!!)!

What outfit are you diving with?

We'll be doing a two tank dive with Extended Horizons, but I hope to get in a few shore dives while we're there too...

I guess I've been lucky, but then again, I don't use my PT-010 as much as you. Wonderful pics.

Great shots, Jim!
Hey! I heard of something called Gorilla Glue(sp/name?). I'm told it really works on anything and is super strong. FYI.

Jet

Jetwrench:
Great shots, Jim!
Hey! I heard of something called Gorilla Glue(sp/name?). I'm told it really works on anything and is super strong. FYI.

Jet

Thanks. I saw that at ACE but I already had Super Glue. If it fails I'll get the Gorilla Glue.

calypsonick:
Good luck with the zoom gizmo.

28.gif

Looks like the Super Glue worked. I also added two sections of a toothpick as a "splint" for reinforcement.

One of these days I'll upgrade :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom