Dive report sat 10/7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewpy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Started out at Monastary,but decided to go elsewhere as the surf was up.It was doable but things change so quickly we decided to head back over the hill.
Ended up at Lovers III which was much better,and the vis looked decent...

Did a few really nice dives there-TONS of life! Vis was about 30-40 but less in spots due to krill (I think?)in the water.Lots of rockfish(one china) several cabezon,two medium lings,a monkeyface eel, a beautiful thornback ray and tons of crabs-even a large dungeness which I had never seen before?Swam out past the end of the kelp bed both times and played in the sand where we found several huge beds of sand dollars which was a first for me as well...even though this is fairly shallow dive there always seems to be lots to see!:D
Max depth was about 55ft.

On a sad note-It appears a diver was lost on the Express at Point Sur-My condolences and prayers to the family

On another sad note-There was a somber family at Lovers III that were throwing roses in the water and taking photos,etc.....Im sure it was the family of the diver who died there a while back? It really made us stop and think-very sad to see this...:(

Be safe out there!

Drew

Just FYI, the missing diver was diving off of the Cypress Sea. There is a thread about this in "Accidents and Incidents.

Back
Top Bottom