Forever Loyal, Rob Secher. Heartache.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
JB's best friend was killed in a firefight in Hit, Iraq over the weekend while we were in Molakai. Rob, "Cubby" was a great man and you knew it when you entered the room.--He had the presence of destined hero even before this sad news. Jim always knew he could count on Rob and Americans did. Unfortunate that we have to pay with the best. That is how I feel right now.... trying to keep bitterness at bay. Integrity off the charts. We had so many plans for him but he had a higher purpose.

He was on his third deployment I think, you lose track after awhile. Always willing, always positive, the kind you want in your corner when the chips are down.

Prayers to his mother and his many friends.

We leave for Arlington National Cemetary this week I think.

Rob, you will always be in our hearts and we thank you for your service as a patriot and a true friend.

cubby2.jpg

P1270006-1.jpg

IMG_0047-1.jpg

Catherine,

I am so sorry. Be kind to yourself; always the moments are bitter when we are overwhelmed by personal loss due to events so out of our control. Take care...

Dan

Really, truly horrible. I appreciate his service and wonder how much longer this will all go on. My deepest sympathies, thank you for letting us all know. :salute:

appreciate having you all.

Im crying at work now. I just recentley lost a close friend over there, and I feel the pain.. that deep hurt that just doesnt go away. Big ((HUGS)) to you... I'll be keeping you guys, and his family and friends in my prayers. Take care of yourself, and JB. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help....

My heart goes out to you both. The fear of losing one of our guys or gals is always lurking. If our liberal media would print the truth about the good the military is doing there maybe more people would understand why our people who have been stationed there are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to defeat terrorists.

kayla, I am okay. I just feel so bad for JB. He just got the news and he is taking it pretty hard. I am going to try and book the flights, hotel, etc, just take care of stuff. I ordered some pictures for Cubby's mother. Sorry to put this on everybody , I just want people to know his face. Seeing the faces on the news can make me cry...so I understand, Kayla.

If anyone has been to Arlington National Cemetery and knows the drill, or a decent hotel for a group, pass it on. Don't know why I am taking charge, sure somebody else would know more, but that is what helps me.

CheddarChick, appreciate and share your sentiments. No matter what your views, staying connected is what matters.

Back
Top Bottom