A New Underwater Digital Photography Forum!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JTemple

Contributor
Reaction score
There is a new forum dedicated to UW Digital Photography and Video, and you
are all invited to join!

DigiDiver.net (http://www.digidiver.net/phpBB2/index.php) has been up for
about 10 days now, and still going through some growing pains, but it's time to
send out the birth announcements.

DigiDiver (DGD for short) is for digital UW photographers and videographers
of all skill levels. And we're particularly interested in encouraging beginners
to join! We've even set up a special area just for the novice shooters to ask
questions and post pictures for suggestions on how to improve. Even if you
haven't bought your first camera yet and you're just looking for some leads, we
can help.

One of the main emphases will be competitions. Theme of the Week contests,
quarterly contests, achievement awards, member of the year awards, with
significant prizes from high value equipment vouchers from our sponsors to dive trips
in exotic destinations. Our first Theme of the Week, "Impressions of Motion", is already underway.

We are also organizing many dive trips with a focus, of course, on digital UW
photography, with UW photo pros along for the ride to help you improve your
skills. There are already several trips planned to destinations such as Northern Sulawesi, Raja Ampat, Southern Sudan, Seychelles, and the Red Sea.

And of course we built a room for Conservancy issues (it shouldn't be an
"issue", should it?), as well as the lounge, Harry's Bar.

So please come have a look and join in the fun! Thanks!

DigiDiver

You know at first glance I thought this was Digitaldiver.net...

Thanks for the heads up, will bookmark it :).

We've moved to a new server which is case sensitive, so here is a revised link: http://www.digidiver.net/phpBB2/index.php

We still have some dressing up to do, but the board is really taking shape, with a varied cast from all over the globe (Asia, Brazil, Spain, Germany, the UK, the US, etc.).

Our second Theme of the Week contest is underway, so come post a photo or 2! The theme this week is "Silver". Win and you accumulate points towards significant high value prizes awarded at the end of the year, including trips to exotic dive destinations!

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Don't confuse with DDN, DIGIDIVER is open to true discussion without opressive review and removal of posts by moderators.

Come and enjoy, this is a board that will grow Scuba Stop

Interesting concept - encouraging beginners, but one of the main emphases is competition.

Thanks for the site. I'll surely check it out, but honestly - do we need more "contests" and more competition? Crimany, can't swing a dead cat without hitting a photo contest these days. Evaluation? OK. Continuous improvement? OK. People helping people? OK. More contests? I dunno. Seems a bit "done that" to me.

Peer judged art. I've never warmed to the concept.

But I'll roll over and take a peek.

hee hee... Goat: "True discussion" - as if such a thing exists.

---
Ken

The competitions are geared to all levels and will have minor and major prizes. And it's just one aspect of the board.

Jack

goathill:
Don't confuse with DDN, DIGIDIVER is open to true discussion without opressive review and removal of posts by moderators.

Hmmm....the only time I have ever seen posts removed is when name calling starts or someone joins just to Spam their product (not diving or photography related)...and I spend alot of my on-line time there. I have also seen a thread locked because it turned Political (and I applauded that).

Did I miss something??

Dave

Back
Top Bottom