Best Time of Year to Dive Monterey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

inked_diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Howdy,
Live and dive regularly in the pacific northwest. Hoping to make a sorta mecca to dive the bay at monterey. I am wondering when is the best time of year? I understand that their are multiple variables involved in this equation. I am not concerned about water or air temperature. What I am most interested in seeing is Kelp forest and decent viz. Any ideas?
Thanks and best regards,
edward

agree. hurry up and get out here.

I was talking to Monterey boat op just the other day and he said best viz in Monterey is defently Feb-March. Not as many divers because the weather is getting colder but viz is amazing he said.

Stacy

Rick Inman:
Last week! :D

Rick, you are so helpful, as always :p

I was last up that way in July and loved it! Lots of kelp and good dive buddies from the board. :10:

I hope to make it back up that way next month, too!

BTW (hijack in progress), Dan, when are you next diving Lobos?

Back on topic, if you do make it to Monterey, do come down to So Cal also. We have sea lions galore :D

dannobee:
I have two reservations (4 peeps) for November 4th. We'll be diving from a big(ger) boat. Wanna come up?

I will definately be there! Thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom