T3 - Pre-Dive Planner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremyseattle

Registered
Reaction score
I have a new Elite (Not the T3). I have set the Nitrogen Bar Max to the last green bar - no yellow for me.

However, it seems that the pre-dive planner (the function that tells you how long you can stay down on a repetative dive) calculates the max time for subsequent dives based on the NDL limit (all green and yellow bars). Is this correct?

Has this changed in the T3?? Does the T3 use the max NDL limit for subsequent dives or does it use the user-configurable limit for nitrogen?

Also, it it looks like the T3 has a user-configurable "conservative factor." How does this work in relation to the alarm for max nitrogen loading and/or the calculation for repetative dive times?

Thanks!

-Jeremy

PS - I am a new diver in the Pacific Northwest with a background in software testing. If this makes me a good candidate for testing out new computers and/or software releases then please send me a PM :)

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry for the late reply. The tissue loading bar graph alarm has nothing to do with actual calculations - it is simply an alarm prompt, alerting you to the tissue loading bar graph level that you have programmed. The elite T3 operates the same.

The conservative factor setting DOES affect calculations - both in the pre-dive planning sequence as well as during the dive. With the conservative factor set ON - calculations will be based on the next altitude level (3000 ft), providing more conservative NDLs.

I think the algorithm is pretty conservative already, so I have CONS (off).

Self set Alarms - I think the algorithm is pretty conservative already, so I have them back to the factory settings after at first setting them a little more conservative as you did.

I originally set the NDL alarm to 5 (last green), but on one deep dive it was very annoying (based on time vs tables and the other divers' experience in that area) so I moved it to 7 (second yellow) as well as all my other alarms to something approaching the true limits without additional self imposed factors beyond the computer's setup.

Back
Top Bottom