Thursday 12th October, 2006 - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
woohooooo to everyone - we are doing amazing work in creating healthier futures for ourselves and our families so i hope each of us remind ourselves that!!!

soooooooo - they say changing our lifestyle is about small steps but this week for me its a bit of a snails pace :)

this weeks loss: 300grms or 0.6lbs
total loss to date: 40.65kgs or 89.62lbs

OCTOBER 10lb Challage = 4.8lbs loss

the ladies would understand but its one of those things so i usually have a low week about now

BUT - im so grateful that with all these great results i got into my old 5mm and will be out diving again this weekend!!!!

Sunday 8th October was my 5th month lifestyle change anniversary!!!

this is the new skirt & i squuueeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzeeeed into - its about 4 sizes smaller than when i started and finally hubby says he can see the difference! good grief, he aint blind or stupid but he says he couldnt tell until he saw these shots.

i still have another 50lbs (at least) but i'll get there and with my SB Challangers spurring eachother on i know we will ALL get to our goals!!!

so ringing the SB CHALLANGE BELL - where is everyone and how are you doing... where are those sexy thangggggg before and during shots as we getting alot of the gals showing off but i know the menfolk have excellent results they need to shout from the rooftops as well!!!

:wave-smil :wave-smil to all of us!!

1st photo May 8th 2006.........................2nd photo Oct 8th 2006
LSL-SS08.jpg
10LSL08.jpg

Whoo HOoo Almity! WTG. Any loss is a gain in the healthy lifestyle column. I am quite happy with my loss. Shock! I lost 2.5lbs, for a total in the 10 lb challenge at 4lbs.
Since starting the challenge I noticed a lot of things about how I have been eating the past few months. No wonder I have been plateauing (sp), cause I have been eating more like maintenance than weight loss. That cookie here, the extra handful of pretzels there, a piece of white bread with butter, the 1/2 doughnut, a handful of french fries- you get the idea. Last week somebody brought in 2 doz. fresh, warm Dunkin Donuts. The assortment included my favorite, chocolate filled powederd donut! I smelled them, and walked away! Dang it was tough, but with the challenge going on, I made the decision I did not want that stupid donut.
My jogging in the morning is a mix of not wanting to get out of bed and pushing myself more and more. The distance is getting longer, but not the speed. Which all along I said was OK. I think I am at the place now where I can pick up the speed a little. Shaving 15 seconds off the run should not be to difficult as I am up to well over a 1.5 miles total. Most morning though, it's just getting out the door and get going that is the toughest. I don't use headphones or anything to pass the time. Reason being, it is dark out and I want all my senses aware for vehicles. There are a few places that it is pretty dark, and I have my little flashlight ready. Thinking I need some reflective material of some sort to assist.

I gained another pound. I'm not that surprised by it actually, and it didn't send me into a total tizzy like it normally would. I expected it. Had a bad week last week and didn't really get back into the groove until Tuesday. I had tons of salt yesterday and worked my legs out hard so I wasn't surprised by the scale. For now I'm focusing on just trying to find a way to make this work for me over the long haul, not temporarily only to gain it back as soon as I stop "trying".

You guys are doing great!! Can I ask if there's a thread anywhere that explains what everyone is doing to achieve their goals? Almitywife, I'm just amazed at the amount of weight you've lost in such a short period and I'd love to know what you're doing, food and exercise, whatever.

I've discovered that I'm a compulsive overeater. I hide food, I eat enormous amounts of food in one sitting, I feel the guilt and shame after eating, eating when I'm not hungry, frenzied eating... all classic symptoms. Since I don't really believe that this is a "disorder" (I believe it's just lack of willpower on my part) I just need to accept it and find a way to fix it, whatever that might be. I'm currently working on that, and exercising in the meantime.

Great work everyone!!

Morning All...

Well this week its been a 1.1lb gain. Oh dear...

One of my friends is off for two years, so we had a real good knees up, and for the meal, well it had to be the special didn't? a T-bone steak. So wine, vodka, steak, more vodka and more recovering that exercising has lead to this gain.

However...As of Tuesday I have been eating a whole Orange (this time last year I won't touch an orange) and Banana during the day and drinking 150ml of apple juice with my museli in the morning. So I'm slowly working my way to a '5-a-day'

To 'Cork2win':

My daily food:

08:15am - 30g of Fruit and Fibre with a splash of skimmed milk
- 150ml of Apple Juice
09:45pm - 2x Large mugs of instant coffee
11:00am - 1 Smallish banana
13:00pm - A Bagel with Tuna and Sweetcorn Mayo (no butter)
15:00pm - Fresh Orange
20:15pm - Breast of chicken with brown rice, pan fried red pepper and onion
(Some times I have a jacket potato with tuna in olive oil (no butter)

Plus 2ltrs of water during the day

I cook things in the smallest possible amount of olive oil, and when eating add no salt or pepper, or butter is its bread or potatoes. My wife adds salts to everything...tut tut...

Anyone think of any better to eat?

You're an inspiration alimightywife!

Congrats to Almity and Jenny for the weight loss. Jenny, good on you for noticing the difference in your eating habits, tha's something that I need to take a hard look at.

Sue and Rich, keep working on it, and it will come, lol.

As for this week, no weigh-in for me. I'm in the middle of moving and I don't have a scale at my new house. I will be back next week though.

I will also start a new thread for the Thursday weigh-in folks to post their weight loss strategies.

So have a good week all, and happy weight loss!

Hubba Hubba Almity you are mighty gorgeous! :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: You are doing such a great job and you are such an inspiration to us all. I know what you mean about that slow week, except my slow week seems to be about every week of the month right now. I was sure that I would have some movement on the scale, but no luck. I was naughty over the weekend and now I'm paying for it. Total loss for challenge = 1 lb. :(

Jenny - good job avoiding those donuts. Those things are loaded with calories and it takes me about 2 seconds to eat one. At my office we have bagels or donuts at least once a week. I'm pretty good at leaving them alone.

Trickster - no worries on the weight gain. It sounds like your still keeping up with your program. Steak was part of my naughty weekend. I had a nice gentleman make me dinner Friday night which was made up of wine - tomato and mozzarella appetizer - wine - filet mignon and potatoes - wine - caramel ice cream dessert - port wine and blue cheese. Now that I see it all written down, no wonder I didn't lose a pound! I'm lucky I didn't gain.

Cork2win - Everyone here kind of does their own thing. I think Colby had a good idea to start a thread where we can put our strategies for success. My biggest problem was that I was hungry all the time and I was always starving when I tried to diet. Cutting out sugars and simple carbohydrates helped me curb the hunger. I also started out doing Weight Watchers which really taught me how to eat.

Colby - your weight loss strategy thread is a good idea. I think that thread and the before and after thread will be great inspiration.

:D

Kind of a blah week for me. No loss but no gain, despite the chocolate bars I binged on.

Hey Cork- Be gentle on yourself. One thing I learned (that weekend of self improvement I mentioned in last weeks thread) was learning to love myself. I know it sounds corny, but I never liked myself and food is a comfort for me. It's a vicious cycle, I feel bad about "X" so I eat something. It feels good so I have more. Then I feel bad cause I ate so much. Sometimes I would even "flip" to rid my body of the food I ate. What a nasty habit, and dangerous. ("Flipping" is a jockeys term for throwing up your meal. I used to work with racehorses, and the lingo is still around. :))
I know for me I am very hard on myself. I have to continually ask myself when I say something degrading to myself, "Would I be saying that to a friend?" If the answer is No, then I don't say it to myself. Heck just last night I was looking at myself in the mirror and noticed again the jelly roll of fat. "Da*n I look fat," I thought. And I get on the scale and I lost weight!! How self defeating do I really need to be?? sheesh!

Love thyself. So important, yet so difficult. Hugs to ya. You can do it.

Back
Top Bottom