Sherwood Tanks and Valves and Future Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gillty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Are the steel 3442 psi tanks listed on the Sherwood (or Genesis) website similar to the hot dipped galvanized tanks that are manufactured by Worthington?

I have heard that you can order Sherwood/Genesis tanks and valves O2 clean from the factory is this true with the steel tanks?

I have always been a big Sherwood Regulator fan (my first set of gear was all Sherwood) but I have come to prefer the performance and hose routing options available with other brands. Does Sherwood have any type of pneumatically balanced regulator coming out in the near future? How about another style of first stage (diaphram or flow through piston)? How about hoseless air integrated wrist unit?

It just seems to me that Sherwoods regulator line up is becoming dated. I would really like to get excited about Sherwood gear again. Sherwood's reputation for reliabilty is great so it would seem to make sense to take you could take that reputation to the bank if you came out with a high performer. I don't know just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the info.

Gillty

We will have 3442 psi steel that are zinc coat and nitrox ready valve in 01/07, I have had one for more than 5 yrs and it hold up very well, as for a new regulator in the Sherwood Line up there is nothing on the books right now , as for a diffrent reg set up the Genesis GS2000 is alond the Sherwood design , piston , seal 1st stage , very good performing reg for the price. On the bearthing simulator the work of breathing is 0.80 j/l . Its right up there with the best of them. Check out the new websites it already has the new product on the site like the new Sherwood Gemini BI. If you have any more questions let me know

My Blizzard magnum has been going strong since 91'. I also have a newer 2002 blizzard that is my secondary. I Like the old style much better. If your going new perhaps you can go a bit retro,

Can't understand why some people just want to mess with a good thing:confused:

Back
Top Bottom