Omega II CDX5 for deco bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm planning on starting some of my deco training next year, and I'm looking into starting to get my gear together that will be needed. I've had my eyes on a couple of Omega II's that are at an excellent price, presumably because they are discontinued, and I've been thinking about buying a pair of them for my deco regs. My questions are A) can these reg's be oxygen cleaned just like any standard style of regulator, and B) is it safe to assume that because of the number sold over the past 20 years, that parts and service will be easy to get in the future despite the fact that they are discontinued?

Thanks,
Jim

They will handle O2 just as well as other 2nd stages with no problems. I personally clean and lubricate my 2nds just like they would see HP O2, but since they see LP O2 you can get by with an awful lot and you should never have an issue.

As far as parts go I would assume that Oceanic would continue to stock standard service parts for quite a while. You will want to be careful not to crack a body or a damage a major component, eventually those parts will likely be unavailable. You could call oceanic and talk to the tech service department and they should be able to give you a decent idea, sorry, don't have the number on me. I know there are also some Oceanic employees here on the board and I'm sure one of them will chime in soon.

Any of the Oceanic guys out there? Just curious about the expected availability of service parts for the Omegas, now that they are discontinued. Also I'm pretty sure I have this right, but the CDX5 is a dry sealed first stage, correct?

Jimmer:
Any of the Oceanic guys out there? Just curious about the expected availability of service parts for the Omegas, now that they are discontinued. Also I'm pretty sure I have this right, but the CDX5 is a dry sealed first stage, correct?

The CDX5 is dry sealed first stage.

I foresee ZERO issues with service parts for the Omega in the future. We made that regulator over 20 years, there are quite a few out there that we want to support.
Unlike some other companies that have the regs or the parts for the regs made elsewhere, our company group made every part of the Omega and did everything except the chrome(which was/is sent out, incredible EPA regs to doing that in house)

Well I'm happy to hear that since I just ordered 2 of them. Can't wait to get them and try them out. Thanks for the help guys.

Jim

you will love your regs i have several my self and know many cave divers that use them im always buying them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom