Sharpness settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fastmarc

Just drifting along...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok, here's the deal. I was fooling around the sharpness setting on my camera to see what difference it would make by taking pictures of the same subject and doing a comparison on the pics.
Well as far as I see, with my camera, the one set to maximum sharpness seems to have a bit more grain or noise.
Is this observation typical?
Where do you all set your camera's sharpness?

Interesting question Marc.

I'm not familiar with your camera which is a Sony I believe, but generally when it comes to in camera settings/tweaks/adjustments et cetera..

I find that the best thing is to do sharpening, resizing and all other sorts of editing in Photoshop or other image editing software as you have much more control that way as compared to using the cameras settings..

Yelp its a software setting that you could compare to a pic program on a computer. It will remove some of the fuzzy edges kinda like if the light was to create a slight glare or fading effect then you can sharpen some of it out to bette show the edges. If you use to much it can make it look pixeled or graney.

The advice I was given is to avoid using in camera settings like those while taking the photos. The file that results will have the adjustment applied and it cannot be undone in post processing. You can adjust the sharpness using software. If you don't like the results you can revert to the original file, or just use the undo feature in the software.

Yelp I have to agree its usually the best bet. If you do adjust on make minor tweaks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom