Earthquake!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just now, biggest I have felt here! I predict 5.2

yup we felt it over on Maui - lasted about 15-30 seconds ... our power went out right afterwards and has been off for 90 minutes now ... don't know when it will return

Everyone in the neighborhood was up and checking on each other - nice to see actually.

Aloha, Tim

P.S. KITV reports it as a 6.5

Any more news on te Earthquake? I'm scheduled to fly there tomorrow ... ???

big earthquakes are bad m'kay....hope all is OK

I have family in Kona. They're ok, but they say that there is a lot of damage and many injuries there. The hospital in Kona is evacuating patients to other locations, due to damage to the facility. No fatalities so far. It sounds as if it could have been much worse, but, anything 6+ is bad enough. They said that it is by far the strongest earthquake they've had in the more than 10 years they've been there.

Hope everyone comes through it alright.

OHGoDive:
I Hope everyone comes through it alright.

My thoughts exactly ...

Wildcard just called and asked me to post this....

He said if you want the latest news, as well as some serious entertainment, listen to KSSK radio on line. Apparently the folks on the Island are reacting to the earthquake in interesting ways.

He says there is a bunch of structural damage and power outages, but so far no reports of people damage... other than the 'damage' they're doing to each other by price gouging and such :rolleyes:

Here in AK, these bigger earthquakes are not uncommon. It's amazing what you can get used to!

Power's back up in much of Kona for now. It turneed on here at home (Kelalakekua Bay area) about 30 minutes ago. Apparently all of Oahu is still down.

There was a pretty good landslide at the bay on the cliffs. It'll interesting to see if affected the reefs by the monument.

Aloha,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom