Cancer Survivor Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had the same thing. Surgery and radiation took care of it. That was just over 15 years ago. Swimming strong. (And fathered 2 kids naturally!)

I'm not a cancer survivor...however, if anyone knows someone in the Northwest that is a breast cancer survivor/diver...I am wanting to feature them as a spokesperson for Dive for the Cure 2007.

Please PM me with any leads... It's a hard one to find, though I have to believe they are there. I know that should I get breast cancer and survive...I'd be back in the water!

I'm a breast cancer survivor - 10 months since I finished chemo and I've already been diving again in Cozumel and Kona. :wink:

I'm not in Seattle, though, sorry - and no way would you get me into Puget Sound - brrrrrrrrrrr!

Cheers!

pigletfish:
I'm a breast cancer survivor - 10 months since I finished chemo and I've already been diving again in Cozumel and Kona. :wink:

I'm not in Seattle, though, sorry - and no way would you get me into Puget Sound - brrrrrrrrrrr!

Cheers!

Way to go! Keep the up the hope! Don't give up!!

Brian

Willar:
Had the same thing. Surgery and radiation took care of it. That was just over 15 years ago. Swimming strong. (And fathered 2 kids naturally!)

Congrats!!!

The radiation sucked for me. I puked for 4 weeks. We actually had our daughter this year (naturally too) this even after they said that the remaining testical was not producing sperm. I guess they were wrong or we need a paternity test!

Swimming and biking actually helped get me through the radiation. I started diving about a month after for work.

Brian

I've recently had a radical prostatectomy. Can anyone who has had this procedure tell me how long it was before they felt comfortable diving again? Were there any complications once they did? Thanks for your input.

producing sperm.

those things are strong little boogers and can back stroke up dust ruffles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom