marsa alam dive camps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasue2

Registered
Reaction score
HI

Has anyone stayed in any of the Red Sea Diving Safari camps (shagra village, nakari village or wadi lahami)?

I'm looking for accomodation for a few days before I go to do a liveaboard and I can't believe how expensive the Marsa Alam area looks!!! These ecolodges I mentioned above seem to be the cheapest option, but I'm wondering what the facilities, beach etc is like?

If anyone has stayed there and can give me some info I'd appreciate it.

should not be that expensive. what prices are you looking at? would guess, room and half board should be around 50us/day

scubasue2:
If anyone has stayed there and can give me some info I'd appreciate it.
Hi there,

I went to the Red Sea Diving Safari at Marsa Shagra in March 2006. Cannot say enough good things about it. Link here:

http://www.redsea-divingsafari.com/Diving.html

Stayed in a chalet for 5 nights. No A/C, but with the high ceilings none was needed. Excellent diving, excellent accommodation, decent prices and good food. I took hundreds of pictures if you want to see some PM me. RIB, Boat, shore and truck dives to many sites. Glorious reefs. Very quiet evenings as you are literally on a slim piece of civilization between the desert and the sea.

Red Sea Diving Safari does a great job! I've gone to Marsa Shagra the past two years and am heading to Wadi Lahami in about 7 weeks. The camps are inexpensive but the operation is professional. Food...simple but good as well as being all-you-can-eat. Toilets and showers are kept spotless and the tents and huts are cleaned daily. Diving at Shagra is "Grab a tank and go diving whenever you want." You can either walk into the water or have a rib drop you off or pick you up. The house reef is quite nice. Plus Elphinestone is a relatively short rib ride away.
I think you've got the best of both worlds by staying at a camp and doing a liveaboard. I envy you!

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom