verde island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CLA

Reaction score
Hi, what's the best way to go to center of marine biodiversity - verde island? via Anilao? daytrip or liveaboard? How much would the trip entail? Is it a good photo-op? Some friends and I are thinking of going there nov 18 and 19. Is it worth the cost of a liveaboard?

Any advice would be much appreciated. :)

Cathy

AFIK there's no current liveaboard to verde... scubaworld used to have one i believe but no longer

verde is accessible from PG or anilao - i think a bit nearer from PG... so no real need to liveaboard

diving there is supposed to be fantastic i hear...

Jag

Currently, there are no scheduled trips by liveaboard to Puerto Galera and Verde only but I believe there is an upcoming trip by scubaworld to Apo Reef Coron. Usually, Puerto Galera and Verde is part of the itenerary on the way back.

But if you want to dive just Verde, Puerto Galera and Anilao, I suggest you can do it out of anilao. You dont have to drive as far and take the banca accross than take another one out. You can stay at an anilao resort, do your anilao dives then depart early morning to do 3 dives out in verde, puerto galera or a combination. With my group we use to do 2 canyons dives then one verde before heading back. The banca ride one way though is roughly 1 hour and a half but thats the same as crossing the channel from Batangas to Puerto Galera to stay in Puerto Galera.

If I've got my numbers right, the banca costs about PHP7,000 to PHP7,500 to go to galera from anilao. Then you divide cost by number of people in your group. I believe they allow max 5 or 6 on the regular banca. then you have the bigger ones. I dont how many people exactly can you fit.

CLA:
Hi, what's the best way to go to center of marine biodiversity - verde island? via Anilao? daytrip or liveaboard? How much would the trip entail? Is it a good photo-op? Some friends and I are thinking of going there nov 18 and 19. Is it worth the cost of a liveaboard?

Any advice would be much appreciated. :)

Cathy
cathy, verdi island, the wall ROCKS, that is one of the most beautiful dives i have ever done, i do a LOT of photography and got a lot of shots there, the vis was so awesome, that i dropped down to 138 ft deep and could still see the surface!!! i stayed at the atlantis in PG, and went to the island from there, it was about 30 minutes boat ride, it is a must!! if you look in my photo-gallery pages 4-8, you will see many pictures from the wall there!! have a great time!!! i know you will!!

Underwater1:
If I've got my numbers right, the banca costs about PHP7,000 to PHP7,500 to go to galera from anilao. Then you divide cost by number of people in your group. I believe they allow max 5 or 6 on the regular banca. then you have the bigger ones. I dont how many people exactly can you fit.

regular boat to PG from anilao is only P3,000 to P3,500 from aquav.

Yes but our group's trip to Verde has been indefinitely cancelled. My friends originally planned it for next weekend (since we would all be in Manila) but many complications cropped up and I have to be back in Puerto by the 18th. If PPD plans a DOR there next month I'll see if I can make it.

Axua:
regular boat to PG from anilao is only P3,000 to P3,500 from aquav.

Based on what resort? Thats a pretty good rate. I've been wanting to go to verde but boat rates are 5K-7K.

Back
Top Bottom