VEO 180 Wrist mount???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spschneer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
(I tried to search but I think I'm hitting the 3 character is too short issue)

I just got a VEO 180 module only, and had planned to use it in my wrist boot that held my (now flooded) old DataMax Sport. However the VEO is shallower(even with the spacer ring) and a little smaller in diameter so it is recessed into the boot, and is a little sloppy(probably not going to fall out but... )...I also tried another boot that was shallower but it wasn't deep enough for the edge of the recess to come over the edge of the module to "lock" it in...

Is there a specific wrist boot that Oceanic sells that is made for the VEO 180 module and is there a part number or something I can refer my LDS to?

Thanks

Steve

Darryl Bowerman:
We do sell a specific wrist boot for the Veo 180. Part #04.1170.

Regards,
Darryl

Thanks Darryl...

What is the difference between the 04.1170 and the 04.1208 (which I finally found on the Oceanic web site)...

I've got the Oceanic VEO 180 NX (purchased very recently...last weekend:D)

Steve

spschneer:
Thanks Darryl...

What is the difference between the 04.1170 and the 04.1208 (which I finally found on the Oceanic web site)...

I've got the Oceanic VEO 180 NX (purchased very recently...last weekend:D)

Steve

Hi Steve,

Unless I am mistaken the 04.1208 is the wrist boot for the new low profile compass. Honetly, it's a little confusing even in the price list on that particular boot. The 04.1170 is listed as the Veo wrist boot-one button on face, which is exactely the Veo 180 config. Have fun with the new computer. The Veo 180 is our easiest to set up and use computer and it still has all the important features. Enjoy!:D

Darryl

Darryl Bowerman:
Hi Steve,

Unless I am mistaken the 04.1208 is the wrist boot for the new low profile compass. Honetly, it's a little confusing even in the price list on that particular boot. The 04.1170 is listed as the Veo wrist boot-one button on face, which is exactely the Veo 180 config. Have fun with the new computer. The Veo 180 is our easiest to set up and use computer and it still has all the important features. Enjoy!:D

Darryl
Check out this page on your Oceanic online store....(took me a while to find it again:shakehead) It says on both the 04.1208 and 04.1170 that they are wrist boots for the 180 (and others)...the 1208 does say that it's the "low profile" version.... My LDS (Tampa Adventure Sports) is talking to his Oceanic/Aeris rep to figure it out too, but since I already had this 'conversation' going...

Is there any issue / problem with using an Aeris Computer link cable with the Oceanic VEO? He's got the Aeris cable that he'll give me a good deal on if I want it but I want to check first (so I don't have any problems)...they sorta look the same:wink:

Thanks again

Steve

The 04.1208 would work but due to it working with all the older computers including the Datamax Sport Unit, Data Plus it would be larger in size. The 1208 while it is Ok with the Veo one button units the boot will be much larger and the Veo series of computer will need shimming to fit. It also may be a touch sloppy. The 04.1107 is made specifically for the VEO series of computers and they are quite a bit smaller in height than the older modular computers.

Depends on which AERIS cable your retailer has. There are a couple different. If he has a download cable made to work with the XR-2 it should not be a problem. Not 100% sure on the ATMOS 2 cable, but I think that would work as well. Let me know which cable they have and I can find out.

Regards,
Darryl

Regards,
Darryl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom