Assembling Scuba equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdvaughn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just recently bought a mk25/g250 setup and need to attach my air 2 hose and my guage console. I was wondering if there were any rules of thumb with how much I should tighten. I heard something about hand tight and then a 1/2 turn. any other rules I should know? Havent ever put a scuba system together...and something that my life is going to depend on should be put together right....any advice?

Thats sounds about right you want it tight enough that it won't come loose but that your not destroying your O-rings. If you over tighten you'll destroy the o-ring and they hose will leak. But you want it tight enough that it won't come loose. Use a small Wrench when you do it will help to prevent over tightening.

just snug it tight, dont try to make another 1/2 turn

I agree with the Capn Snug but not over tight. just tightenough so it wont work loose but not too much or you risk damaging the port and the o-ring.

Have fun

You bought a new regs setup, did the dive shop assembly it for you?

alright so anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 turn just so that it wont work loose if I try to turn it out. Thanks any other info I should know for putting my scuba system together?

I bought mk25/g250 which were assembled, but the BC I have at home begin bought from a different dealer. Therefor I could put it together. Do you think I should have the shop do it?

jdvaughn:
I bought mk25/g250 which were assembled, but the BC I have at home begin bought from a different dealer. Therefor I could put it together. Do you think I should have the shop do it?
DIY... snug don't over tight..:popcorn:

have your LDS show you the first time you do any setup(s). will bring up your confidence level for the next time you do some

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom