Anyone dive around the Susanville area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dryglove

Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious if there is any type of diving activities around the Susanville area. I seriuosly doubt it as it is pretty far out in the sticks....lol. I think lake tahoe is located a couple hours away and monterey will now be quite a few hours away.

Lake Shasta is closer to Susanville by about an hour I believe, although the diving is inestimably more boring in Shasta.

I don't think there's even a dive shop in, or around, Susanville. At least I haven't heard of one.

No matter how you slice it, it's a long haul to Monterey. I am world-renowned for my high speed driving habits, and it takes me 5 hours to get to Monterey, so it's probabally about 7+ from Susanville.

Give us a jingle and we'll take you and the scooters up to the Lake sometime! Go fly the wall or "somesing".

All the best, James

Personally no I haven't but quite a few of my students have. Some dive Lake Almanor and some Crater Lake. Crayfish gathering seems to be the adventure of choice. I've always wanted to dive the high altitude lakes around Susanville, Chester and Westwood and look for old bottles. I just know some of them fishermen threw their empty whiskey bottles in the lake before they went home.

Thanks for the responses guys. Its good to hear there is some sort of diving up there:D There is a good chance i may transfer up there in the following months if all goes well. I have never dove tahoe and would be a great adventure. I'll let you know when i get up there and hook up for some diving and did I mention "WOO HOO , SCOOOTERS!!" :14: :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom