Ask about Oceanic Atom 1.0 battery life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RanatS

New
Reaction score
Dear everybody

I'm using Oceanic Atom 1.0 but my Atom displays low battery icon after using as dive computer only about 25 dives and I didn't connect it to PC.

When I read manual it said "When used as a dive computer, it should operate normally for 1 year or 100 dive hours". so I just wonder that what's wrong about my Atom 1.0.

And how to handle with this case.

Best regards.
Ranat

Ok, I spoke with Doug about my battery issue back in September, at roughly 15 dives on my VT3. As the batteries in some of the new models are the same battery that may be used in other models it is very possible that there were some old but new (on the shelf a while) or weak batteries put into new units.

What Doug and I came up with in our infinite wisdom (insert bad pun here): change the battery or have it changed for a fresh battery. If the issues persists, contact Oceanic as the unit may be drawing more power than necessary.

I have not logged enough dives on the new battery to know if there is an issue w/ my computer. As of now, it's got less than 10 dives on the new battery and no problems or low battery indicators.

You should check the firmware version. Oceanic had some problems with the earlier versions and the battery drained extremely fast. I called them up and they told me to exchange the computer through my dealer to the current firmware version. Was done without problems. Nevertheless, I never reached the year or 100 hrs.
Give them a call.

Thank you very much for replies.
I forgot to inform that I used new battery.
and I've already checked firmware version.
The version is "R2F".
Is this the latest version?

Thanks
Ranat.

I think it is the most recent firmware version.

PM me your info, please link to this thread, I'm getting almost to many PM'ds to keep track unless there is some context!

How long did you wear it as a watch?

Best,

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom