Sunday Group Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poogweese

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just a note to any/all Ketchikan divers...
There is a group dive planned for this Sunday (22nd) at Sunset/Refuge Cove. The plan is to meet at 10 and be in the water at 10:30. Last week the viz was about 50/60 ft at Sunset and there were a ton o' fish on the lifeboat (not so much on the fiberglass boat) we also came across a pretty cool feather star area. :D

(For the second dive a couple people are going to play with scooters, so bring yours if you have one!)

Poog:coffee:

Wish I could go! Have fun and post pics....

Stop in Ketchikan for a couple days on your travels! There are some top notch easy-quick shore diving sites here, and we'll round up some tanks, wts, and nitrox for ya:wink:

Poogweese:
Stop in Ketchikan for a couple days on your travels! There are some top notch easy-quick shore diving sites here, and we'll round up some tanks, wts, and nitrox for ya:wink:

Been through there three times on my boat but never dove there, looks great though. Let me check my lotto tickets and maybe next week I can go!

Mike:
I'll try and make it but it may be for the second dive.
I'd bring my sccoter but I have yet to olcate the leak in it.

Rick

PS The 29th would be a good tide for the OP if people are interested.

Poog: I'll be there before 10 so I can find some parking! Sounds like several people will be there. I'm interested in the Ocean Pacific next weekend as well.

Brian

P.S. Good too see some more Ketchikanites joining!

bdshort:
Poog: I'll be there before 10 so I can find some parking! Sounds like several people will be there. I'm interested in the Ocean Pacific next weekend as well.

Brian

P.S. Good too see some more Ketchikanites joining!

Yeah, we'll be driving the Jeep Liberty for the tiny parking area tomorrow...Hope the weather cooperates for hooking that wreck next week-end, it was a little nasty out there today. I thought maybe a dive on the Ocean Pacific and then tooling over by the old dock by the fuel station? I heard they were picking up some old bottles there. Or, we can stay on the OP:D

(Yes, I agree with Brian, isn't this a great forum for planning dives and such?)

Both dives were good, but the 2nd dive was really a lot of fun. Poog and I used a couple of scooters he has, so it was no work at all! Had a dive time of about 50 minutes, and saw some cool creatures. I'll post some pics once I figure out how to get them uploaded.

Brian

Pics posted. This is my first real attempt at using my camera underwater, so I think I did a fairly good job!

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

Nice shots Brian, :popcorn: that first football-sized nudibranch turned out great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom