What is your max depth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhampton82

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just outta curiousity, What is your max depth while free diving?

It seems that this is something that would of been asked on here before, but I couldnt find it anywere.....

How did you reach this depth? Was is variable weight, Constant weight, etc.....?

Oh, and if this has been asked before please let me know were the thread is.

ONLY FREE DIVING!! not on scuba!

For similar threads, scroll down all the way .....

Section called Similar Threads !!!

hm........ nothing down there about max depth except in the "basic SCUBA discussions" forum..................

I've hit 75 feet a few years back (about 1975), and haven't tried for depth since. No need to do so, and so at this point, I don't know. But I'd guess from doing some breathhold dives for 2+ minutes recently that I can still get to 75 feet fairly easily, if there was some reason to do so. It is something I would need to adapt to, and probably take about a half hour of breathhold diving to accomplish.

SeaRat

1,236 feet

yeah well i can't give away my secrets

:wink:

I won't go below 200' (at least not on air). However, I always go to the bottom... unless I'm blue water shark diving and the bottom is 1,500 ft as it was Monday. For most people there is little to no need to dive below recreational depth limits. I only do deep diving to reach certain species of interest.

I dabbled a bit with freediving lately. I got to 50'- using scuba fins, a 3mm and a scuba mask. I did wear 8lbs, but I chickened out the first time I hit 50' and ditched my wieghts, so I guess that would be variable ballast. :D It's an odd dive since the surface can be 75f and clear, but the bottom wil be 50f and low vis. I was 2' from the bottom and I couldn't see it.

drbill:
I won't go below 200' (at least not on air). However, I always go to the bottom... unless I'm blue water shark diving and the bottom is 1,500 ft as it was Monday. For most people there is little to no need to dive below recreational depth limits. I only do deep diving to reach certain species of interest.
Dr. Bill,

I thought we were talking about breathhold diving.

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom