10-13 Dolphin Drop-off, Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Sorry if these are a little soft and the lighting's not perfect. I left the WA lens on pretty much the whole time, and had trouble the whole trip with the sync on my new strobe.

Turtles right off the mooring line as we dropped

PA130002-02sm.jpg

PA130006-02sm.jpg

PA130004-02sm.jpg

PA130026-02sm.jpg

Tiger Grouper

PA130015-02sm.jpg

Parrot Fish

PA130020-02sm.jpg

Pipefish on the mooring line

PA130033-01sm.jpg

Tubular seascape

PA130027-02sm.jpg

The captain watching over his charges

PA130041-02sm.jpg

Many more to come as I process my other dives.

Nice pictures. Grand Cayman is a nice place to dive.

TOM

Nice pics water looks great! However that is not a parrotfish, looks like something in the snapper family kinda like a schoolmaster and pipefish is a trumpetfish!

es601:
Nice pics water looks great! However that is not a parrotfish, looks like something in the snapper family kinda like a schoolmaster and pipefish is a trumpetfish!

From what I can tell, I also think it might be a schoolmaster. Also the tiger grouper looked more like a Nassau grouper to me.

BTW, anyone who is interested in FishID, I found a site that has quizes for fish identification. You can go to www.reef.org and take their Florida/Caribbean/Bahamas FishID quiz. It randomly chooses common fish seen in the area you are taking the quiz for. Once you submit your answers (a,b,c or d choices), you will then get it graded and the answers displayed back to you. I have taken those quizes many times to get to the point where I can finally start recogizing many species without having to look them up in a FishID book.

Larry C:
Sorry if these are a little soft and the lighting's not perfect. I left the WA lens on pretty much the whole time, and had trouble the whole trip with the sync on my new strobe.

You may have had some trouble with your strobe, but compared to the amount of over exposures and under exposures I have been taking in manual mode recently, it looks like you did pretty good to me.

Aquatic Explorer:
From what I can tell, I also think it might be a schoolmaster. Also the tiger grouper looked more like a Nassau grouper to me.

BTW, anyone who is interested in FishID, I found a site that has quizes for fish identification. You can go to www.reef.org and take their Florida/Caribbean/Bahamas FishID quiz. It randomly chooses common fish seen in the area you are taking the quiz for. Once you submit your answers (a,b,c or d choices), you will then get it graded and the answers displayed back to you. I have taken those quizes many times to get to the point where I can finally start recogizing many species without having to look them up in a FishID book.

I thought it was a Nassau as well but did not want to push it:D Just took the quiz multiple choice makes it too easy I doubt I would get them all while diving especially the type of parrot etc.. Anyways just jealous I'm not in Grand Cayman right now!::(

Aquatic Explorer:
BTW, anyone who is interested in FishID, I found a site that has quizes for fish identification. You can go to www.reef.org and take their Florida/Caribbean/Bahamas FishID quiz. It randomly chooses common fish seen in the area you are taking the quiz for. Once you submit your answers (a,b,c or d choices), you will then get it graded and the answers displayed back to you.

Cool! Thanks for the link.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom