Data Pro-plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xanyas

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Can anyone provide any information on why a Data pro-plus would display ALT and immediately shut down upon activation? We tried a new battery but same problem. Thanks for any help on this....

Doug,

Thanks for the help. Would you know the cost for this? Also I am stationed in Okinawa Japan in the Marine Corps and there is no Oceanic rep on Island. Can you tell me who I need to send this to? Thanks again.

Did Doug PM you the info yet?

If not I did.

Don't worry, he will . . .

Oceanic has the best customer service support you will ever experience.

the K

I agree on the great customer service, that is the reason the family has been diving Ocenanic for the past 5 years. We just recently purchased the VT-3, and two of the new ATOM 2's. We were in the process of selling the daughters Pro-plus when it took a dump.

I am Okidivers wife. I have sent 2 emails (1 dated 2Nov06 and 1 dated 26Nov06) to rlandes.. which is the person that "Chris" sent for my husband to email to get assistance with this computer. After no replies.. I lost patience and sent a web email through the Oceanic Website complaining of the lack of response and seeking assistance. I did that over the Christmas Holiday knowing that I probably wouldn't get an answer until after the first of the New Year. It is now after the MIDDLE of January and I still haven't gotten any help whatsoever with this issue. I am a HUGE Oceanic user and I usually encourage my students to purchase Oceanic as well because of my past experiences with the awesome customer service and my extreme pleasure of diving Oceanic. However, I am having a hard time telling my students to buy Oceanic when I can't even get responses to emails regarding my problem. I am not asking for a FREE anything. I just need the correct information and contact to send this computer in to be serviced so that I can get it back in the water. I also need a price to have it serviced so that I can send the $$ with it.

We are stationed in Japan with the Marine Corps.. It isn't like I can just walk into a store and get help. Or spend hours on an International phone call in the middle of the night just to sit on hold.

I am seriously hoping that this issue has just "fallen through the cracks" and isn't the norm nowadays in Oceanics customer service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom