Atom, lost connection dirung dive/check psi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BelikinBob

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I dont have easy access to the internet so i cannot look this up as i am In San Pedro Belize and will be until december.
So my problem is that I lost connection to my transmitter during a dive, this rattled me a bit and I imeadiatly began my ascent. This happened about 4 times during the ascent and saftystop. So I guess it is a temporary loss of tansmission then it reconnects.
I dove twice sence, and did not have the same problem. The unit is brand new, 3 months old with 15 dives.

Also, is there anyway to check PSI while not in dive mode or WET + 4 feet under? This is another problem Ive had when i get suited up dive in and find out ive got a half empty tank, back in the boat, and change tanks, back in the water... Its quite frusterating, ive got the manual with me, but for what ever reason am having a problem finding how to check psi while dry and on the boat.

thanks alot!!!
Bob

Hey Bob,
If you want to check your Tank Pressure while your stilll dry. You have to go to the Sea Mode and than hold down the top right button(looks like two arrows pointing down). You will see the "Atom" "Batt Good" Or "Batt Low" than let the button go and than the Tank Pressure will come up on the next page "TMT 1".
I havent had to many disconnects with my atom or my VT3(they both use the same transmitter, in fact I just use the same transmitter for both computers). The only time that I have gotten disconnected (which was only for a couple of seconds) was around a metal wreck. It was never more than a couple of seconds(because I analayze my dives at 2 second intervals).

If your really in Belize than I hate you but only out of jealousy. Have fun!

Thanks Mannie, perfect answer!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom