Aeris s/w problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RichKirby

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay, maybe I'm overlooking an obvious step, but I'm having a major problem with the most recent version of the software. I d/l'd the software today. I am planning to get an Aeris AI for Christmas so I wanted to play around with the software and manually input my prior dives. The process I've followed is:

Click + button to add new dive.
Choose manual entry dive.
Input the dive details.
Click + button to add next dive and repeat.

When I click the previous dive button to go back and look at my dives that I've entered, the dive data is not correct. Rather, it appears to be mixing dive data from various dives together. This has drove me nuts all afternoon. Am I missing a step? I wanted to load up all my dives before I get my new dive computer so that when I get it and start diving, I would just d/l new dive info right into the program from the dive computer and have a complete dive history/log. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The latest software from the Aeris site or that came with the unit?

No, I don't own the unit yet. It's going to be a "surprise" for me for Christmas. :D I downloaded the latest version from the Aeris web site. A fellow board member indicated that he has had the same problem as me with the database becoming corrupted when inputing manual dive info. He recommended using the 2.0.3 version as it didn't have this particular problem. I removed the new version, installed the 2.0.3 version and entered all my dives manually without further incident. The bug lies in the new version of the software, and it's a bad one.

RichKirby:
No, I don't own the unit yet. It's going to be a "surprise" for me for Christmas. :D I downloaded the latest version from the Aeris web site. A fellow board member indicated that he has had the same problem as me with the database becoming corrupted when inputing manual dive info. He recommended using the 2.0.3 version as it didn't have this particular problem. I removed the new version, installed the 2.0.3 version and entered all my dives manually without further incident. The bug lies in the new version of the software, and it's a bad one.

Thanks for the info, it is passed along

Back
Top Bottom