Packing Photo Stuff - HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fda483

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Okay I must be missing some trick that everyone else has discovered. Starting to get equipment staged for trip to Belize next Saturday. How does everyone pack their housing (Aquatica), ports(wide and macro), strobes(two), arms, D100 body, lenses, Nikonos body with 15mm - could go one but you get it!!. This on top of the rest of the dive gear - I need a Sherpa.

Have stayed away from one of those heavy plastic equipment cases so I try and stuff as much as I can into a large carry on and pack some of the less breakable thing in the checked bags. Not real sure what to do with the ports. Was thinking of packing them in checked bag in the original boxes but will take up lot of space. Luckily heading on the Pilot for a liveaboard so wont need much space for clothes.

Any hints?

Joe

If I'm really trying to save space, I'll pack the camera inside the housing with a small lens/port. I'll wrap the other ports in hand towels and just try to fit everything in a small carry on. Some day I'll just break down and buy a pelican case and be done with it.

Well first off I carry my basic setup on the plane. I can get a total Macro or WA set up in it along with laptop and extras: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...693&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

Since I have backups and now a little video setup it goes in a Storm Case: http://www.stormcase.com/StormCaseSizes/StormiM2720.htm. The fact is when we travel we always have 2 bags of dive gear, one for cloths, the Storm Case and each of us have a carryon. If you want to pack your own gear, have backups there is no such thing as travelling light.

Back
Top Bottom