Lost mask and snorkel @ Folsom Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefugee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My little girl lost my blue mask with yellow snorkel at Folsom Lake. :( I don't know the name of the area we were at, but it's common to do classes at this area. The snorkel was an AquaLung. I can't remember the brand of mask (ScubaPro?). I don't know if she left it in the bathroom, in the parking lot or dropped it into the lake. Anyway - I know the chances are low that anyone will respond, but who knows.

Minh

Ben - I don't know how close it is to the dam. However, today we went out to the same place to redo the OW dive. Sierra had to abort her dive yesterday because my mask was too big on her, and it was flooding constant. The good thing was that she did inhale some water, but didn't panic. :D

Anyway - as we were entering the water today, the instructor stepped on soming. He pulled it up and it was a blue mask with a yellow snorkel. What's the chance that we happened to stand in the exact spot where Sierra dropped my mask? It made my day.

Minh

Great news... BTW I'm sure your instructors covered this but mark your gear... I often find gear and cannot find the owners due to lack of markings... It's not that people are not honest it's just that they cannot find the owners.... You'ld be suprise how much "lost" stuff is turned into the local dive shops.

Ben,

Thanks for the tip. I am going to mark all my equipment. BTW - what do you use to mark your equipment? I have used permanent marker on my weights, but they get washed off pretty fast. Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Minh

reefugee:
Ben,

Thanks for the tip. I am going to mark all my equipment. BTW - what do you use to mark your equipment? I have used permanent marker on my weights, but they get washed off pretty fast. Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Minh

Silver Sharpie.... some people use paint pens.. White and Yellow...

Both need periodic applications

Thanks Ben. Just picked up some silver sharpies. :D

Was she MOFing? :D :popcorn:

Nope. I think she dropped it while taking off her fins. :p Although I have a new dive rule for her. if her mask isn't on her face, it has to be around her neck. :D

Back
Top Bottom