Scubaboard terms of service and politics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howard4113

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Perhaps some of the people need to re-read the terms of service that they agreed to when they signed up to this forum:

http://www.scubaboard.com/faq.php?faq=tos_items#faq_scubaboard_tos

"While we encourage discussion about a wide range of subjects, there are certain areas which elicit more animosity and subsequently far more flames. Consequently we ask that discussions involving politics and nationalities or anything of a sexual nature be reserved for other message boards that are better venues for these topics. "

M

Hank49:
I thought politics were more a function of age. Wasn't it Churchill who said, "when your in your 20s, if you're not a liberal, you have no heart. When you're in your 50s and beyond, if you're not conservative, you have no brain". :D
Perhaps......

Anybody except Howard feeling animosity?

Melissa thinks I am rude...she hates Hawaii and tells us all at least once a week. Sometimes that offends me...a little. I am constantly being told my kids are in private schools...but I have one child in Public and have not had any racism problems in six years. But I guess it is offensive to say that, ya? I feel protective...Hawaii is my home, people have been kind. Can't stop me from expressing that and just sitting by while you trash it. Oh...but we know our hometowns are sooo perfect back on the mainland. sigh.

I am curious how many people feel we have been offensive.

Tom...we could switch to religion, that's allowed. :11:

They did provide us with these little American flags....I might just gag order myself and include them in my sig line.:)

BRIAN: YOU are the problem child...always stirring things up. You need to get a wife.

Howard, I think you would be great serving on your HOA. You could cite all the rules and make me park my bike on the bike rack. But...I would ask you to get your hoses under control.

I love Hawaii. That's where I went on my honeymoon, where my wife and I got our OW cert, and where I got my AOW cert.

It was an amazing and beautiful place. I look forward to going back. I look forward to bringing my (currently two month old) son there someday.

I wish everyone on Scubaboard would follow the ToS regarding discussing politics.

I really, really hate to see it here. There are SO MANY places to discuss it, both online and off. A decision (that I consider wise) was made to keep it off here. There really aren't that many rules here on Scubaboard, I don't think it's too much to follow the few there are. I try to.

Since you asked,

Adam

Are you kids playing nicely over here? I haven't really delved but should I?

FWIW...I loved Hawaii on my one time visit. It's just a pity Leesa was a bit under the weather and I didn't know anyone else back then......:blinking:

well...we should delve.

One (very nice guy) made the offhanded comment about Bush...the marine reserve.

Some of us defended him....we did not initiate the politics and now they are upset.

I said Howard was crochety and melissa said I was rude. I think she is rude because everytime someone comes on new and asks about Hawaai, she proceeds to tell them the Hawaiians are racist and how miserable it is here. The rest of us haven't had that and we say so....

So that is my side.

But...point take. I will try harder to zip it.

catherine96821:
So that is my side.
Hmmm......and I thought it was such a friendly place! :wink:

I thought everyone knew that politics was a no-no....as are personal attacks.

For either the report post button is the way to go....or maybe PMs if you want to sort it out in the family before it goes too far.

Meanwhile...did you see Leesa's new Talk Story sticky? (sorry...too tired to link it for you)

Back
Top Bottom