VT3 Minimum Tempature Reset

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amg0927

New
Reaction score
Hello,

I currently have a Oceanic VT3 and so far have not had any trouble with it... but...

When I began a dive a few weeks back, I recieved a tempature reading of 2 degrees. (The water was acutally about 50 degrees) After the dive, the computer recalibrated itself to the correct temperature and has since been acurate. The only minor problem with this is now in the history menu, I see 2 degrees as the minimum tempature.

Is there any easy way to reset the History menu?

Thank You,
Andrew G.

Andrew,

Many of us have been toying with the software. So far, I have not seen anything indicating that manual changes to the downloaded dives can be made, nor can they be combined (instructor request).

This is just a tip on the VT3, but to help alleviate the temperature issue in the future, bring a small piece of line and attach your VT3 to it while you assemble your gear. Make 100% sure that you secure the line to the VT3 as well as something else so you don't lose it. Then turn it on at the surface (dry) and let it sit for 2 minutes, put it in the water (don't exceed 3 ft) and let it stay there for a few minutes while you assemble your gear. This should allow the temperature to reset to the ambient air temp, then adjust to the water temp.

When we hit the local lakes, we do this out of habit to dictate the necessity for different wetsuit levels since we dive 3 to 7 mil 2 piece farmers and the time of year dictates our needs.

Back
Top Bottom