Bob's Point Lobos Visit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dannobee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Bob and I did a couple of dives at Point Lobos today. He wanted to see a China Rockfish, and I got skunked on that. He also wanted to see some Hydrocoral. Well, we got PLENTY of that. First dive was Thumbs Up, second dive was Bluefish Cove near Cannery Point. The Harbor Seals showed up as if on queue, and Bob even spotted a big male Wolfie-just to make him feel right at home. And a big male Sheephead cruised by, but alas, there was too much particulate matter in the water for the pic to come out. Vis was 30-ish on both dives.

Some pics here:

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/dannobee

I hope Bob will post some pictures, his camera rig looks WAY better than mine!

I'm glad the two of you hooked up. Bob is an extremely nice person and a lovely diver, and I'm happy he had a local guide to help him find fun stuff to see. Monterey is just so lovely!

Nice, glad you all had a good time. I met Bob briefly over the weekend. Seems to be a real nice guy and was excited to dive Lobos.

Mark

10/21 Sat.,I borrowed two tanks and weights from Mweitz. Thanks him.

10/23 Mon., A weather was great. I learned new thing about my gear up in the water.:14: after off from Dannobee's inflatable. A gear up easy in water without kelp bed. And at second dive, I tried little hard to gear up on the kelp bed. A kelp beat me :) . Dannobee helped and fixed me. We saw many things. We took some pictures. I love Point Lobos! Thanks Dannobees.

10/24 Tues., I was excited to dive in morning. I arrived at Breakwater but I cancelled dives due little bad wave and VIZ less 5'. :( I drove around Monterey and some pictures. I wished to stay more time but I had to back to Bay Area. Hope I come back to CA. someday.

I put some pictures but manage attachments problem. I will put soon.

I am soooooo jealous.

I do every chance I get, but right now I'm stuck in New England getting ready to move to the Big Island of Hawaii.

Thalassamania:
I do every chance I get, but right now I'm stuck in New England getting ready to move to the Big Island of Hawaii.

Poor you.... :)

Frankly, I prefer the kelp to the reef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom