Veo100nx - temperature off by 4-5'c

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheTrickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I've recently noticed that my Veo100nx is showing a temperature that is 4-5'c degrees lower than the actual temperature while diving, I presume its been doing it since I got it. I've check against 4 other computers and its def the Veo that is incorrect. For example yesterday I was diving it was 17'c, but it was giving a 13'c reading.

Does it self calibrate? Can I recalibrate it?

I've checked all other functions (depth, bottom time, tissue loading etc etc) and it seems fine compaired to other computers so I presume just the temp is off.

Any ideas?

Do you dive in a thermocline? It takes at least 5 miinutes at that depth of the temp to get an accurate reading.

Hi Debraw,

Since I noticed the difference I've done 3 dives, and all the same..

Its not a major problem, when I log my dive I'll just add 3'c to it :)

Thnaks for the heads up. If you want to exchange it we sure will. Let me look into it and see if the temp is a issue of any sorts. I'll let ya all know!

Best,

Chris

Thanks Chris for the support,

To be honest I'm not that worried about it, its a niggle of a problem, its not like its a dive computer I can link to my home pc and do stuff with my dive info, so as long as I remember to add a few degrees to it when I log my dive I ain't worried :)

Back
Top Bottom